The best way to enjoy all of your favorite Internet radio stations wherever you go.
⁕ In Your Pocket ⁕
Triode goes where you go with your iPhone and iPad. The elegant interface keeps your favorite stations right at your fingertips.
⁕ From Your Couch ⁕
Listen with our Apple TV app and use AirPlay 2 to listen anywhere in your home including HomePod.
⁕ In Your Car ⁕
Road trip, anyone? Enjoy your favorite stations while driving. CarPlay and Siri Shortcuts means no fumbling with controls.
⁕ At The Office ⁕
Triode brings one intuitive experience to all your devices, including your desktop computer.
⁕ Limitless Choices ⁕
Start with Our Picks – a curated roster of the best news and music from around the world. Just a tap to discover new sounds from New Orleans to London and beyond.
You can also search thousands of broadcast stations by genre, name, city, or call letters. Find your favorite iTunes Radio station or set up things manually using a URL if that’s your thing.
⁕ Sync Up ⁕
iCloud syncs your favorite stations seamlessly across every device. Handoff lets you move seamlessly between your iPhone & Mac so you won’t miss a beat or the latest news.
⁕ And More! ⁕
Supports Apple Music and iTunes Store:
• Learn more about an artist
• Purchase a streaming song
• Update your playlists
Listen Privately - No signup. We don’t want your email, phone number, or even an account. Nothing.
Presentation Mode - Tap to hide Triode’s controls for a distraction-free view. Tap again and they come back.
Looks Great Everywhere - From the iPhone SE to a Pro Max, Triode looks great. A universal app that’s designed with you in mind.
⁕ Free with No Ads ⁕
Triode is completely free to use. We don't put any ads in the interface or add them to the audio. An inexpensive subscription improves your experience with these options:
• Add Favorites - Your favorite stations are synced across all devices.
• High Quality Artwork - When available, album cover art is clean and crisp.
Triode is optimized for each platform you run it on: no web players masquerading as an app. Designed with full support for all the things that make Apple products great.
A single purchase gets you access to everything you see above.
Triode uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The subscription provides additional features like high-quality artwork and favorites. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Identify steaming songs with Shazam, keep your favorite stations backed up and safe, improved display of track info and artwork, bug fixes & more.
• Identify streaming songs and music with Shazam
• Access Shazam via the Now Playing view:
- iOS: Tap the music note icon to open the control panel
- macOS: Click ⋯ to open the control menu
- tvOS: Click up button to reveal the control panel
• Added new tools to manage and keep your data safe
• Open Triode's Settings > Manage Your Data:
- Backup your favorite stations with export & import
- Export a list of the current track history
- Data is saved as JSON that can be processed by Shortcuts and other apps
- On macOS, use File and Station in menu bar
• Station artwork now displays a title if needed (in widget or CarPlay)
• Subscription expiration dates are now displayed correctly
• Improved detection of track, artist, and album meta information
• Improved detection of track artwork
• Added Controls to menu bar for controlling playback
• Improved layout of ⋯ control menu
• Added standard sharing sheet in ⋯ control menu
• Improved "Copy to Clipboard" in Track History
• Sleep Timer is no longer stopped if you switch stations
• Added a display setting to Hide Album Artwork
• Reduced prominence of indicator to show control panel
• Fixed legal buttons in purchase view
Ratings and Reviews
So close to being the ideal radio app
Every streaming radio app is frustrating. Triode comes the closest, which might make it the most frustrating of them all.
The one feature Triode desperately needs is the ability to upload your own replacement artwork for your favorited stations. For an app that places such a high value on aesthetics, having half of your favorites with perfect artwork sitting alongside the other half with low-quality icons (or generic ones made with the built-in icon maker) undermines those beautiful aesthetics. It's like an unsightly gash in a masterwork painting.
Other small gashes in the painting include favorites saved from the Our Picks section missing their text names, the lack of folder organization within Favorites, and the lack of Siri voice action support undermining the otherwise exquisite CarPlay experience.
It's so close.
The Iconfactory has a reputation for good design (they're not bad but I'm not sure they deserve the level they have) and I love radio so I decided to check this app out. The design is no tbad but I wouldn't say it is great either. There is one feature that I think is really great which is that there is a tone played on mobile devices to let you know it is doing sometning but hasn't got the stream yet. Beyond that there is nothing particularly remarkable about the app. Add to that the questionable wording of the license that "forever" equals approximately 3 years for a subsciption app that has received very few updates or enhancements since the initial release. For the money I would recommend the app Broadcasts which only has a one time purchase, offers more functionality, looks nicer (IMHO), works on all Apple devices that are supported and is updated more frequently than this app that asks for a subscription.
Fun and useful app
Triode is a handy app that fills a niche with flair. I like that my favorites are synced up to all my devices, and the ability to get more info about the playing tracks is cool.
My one wish is that the MacOS version had AirPlay support! It's weird that the iOS and tvOS versions have this but there's no love for desktop jockeys.
Developer Response ,
We'd love to support AirPlay on macOS, but Apple doesn't currently provide a way for third-party apps to use it (it only works in Music and their other audio apps).
Let them know you'd like it: apple.com/feedback
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 24.6 MB
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 The Iconfactory, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Triode - Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Triode - Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Forever Purchase $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.