The best way to enjoy all of your favorite Internet radio stations wherever you go.
⁕ In Your Pocket ⁕
Triode goes where you go with your iPhone and iPad. The elegant interface keeps your favorite stations right at your fingertips.
⁕ From Your Couch ⁕
Listen with our Apple TV app and use AirPlay 2 to listen anywhere in your home including HomePod.
⁕ In Your Car ⁕
Road trip, anyone? Enjoy your favorite stations while driving. CarPlay and Siri Shortcuts means no fumbling with controls.
⁕ At The Office ⁕
Triode brings one intuitive experience to all your devices, including your desktop computer.
⁕ Limitless Choices ⁕
Start with Our Picks – a curated roster of the best news and music from around the world. Just a tap to discover new sounds from New Orleans to London and beyond.
You can also search thousands of broadcast stations by genre, name, city, or call letters. Find your favorite iTunes Radio station or set up things manually using a URL if that’s your thing.
⁕ Sync Up ⁕
iCloud syncs your favorite stations seamlessly across every device. Handoff lets you move seamlessly between your iPhone & Mac so you won’t miss a beat or the latest news.
⁕ And More! ⁕
Supports Apple Music and iTunes Store:
• Learn more about an artist
• Purchase a streaming song
• Update your playlists
Listen Privately - No signup. We don’t want your email, phone number, or even an account. Nothing.
Presentation Mode - Tap to hide Triode’s controls for a distraction-free view. Tap again and they come back.
Looks Great Everywhere - From the iPhone SE to a Pro Max, Triode looks great. A universal app that’s designed with you in mind.
⁕ Free with No Ads ⁕
Triode is completely free to use. We don't put any ads in the interface or add them to the audio. An inexpensive subscription improves your experience with these options:
• Add Favorites - Your favorite stations are synced across all devices.
• High Quality Artwork - When available, album cover art is clean and crisp.
Triode is optimized for each platform you run it on: no web players masquerading as an app. Designed with full support for all the things that make Apple products great.
A single purchase gets you access to everything you see above.
Triode uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The subscription provides additional features like high-quality artwork and favorites. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
• Compatibility with latest operating systems and hardware
• Improved metadata retrieval to avoid losing publisher artwork
• Fixed issue with window size and navigation
• Fixed animation while connecting to a station
• Fixed issues with search bar
• Fixed a display issue in station information
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Little App
So far I am loving Triode & its simplicity. 1 suggestion, maybe having the volume accessiblie album view when a station is playing. It would also be nice to see a "recently played" list of songs you can look back at.
Lastly, I would pay $20 for a real "forever" plan, not forever aka 3 years.
The Iconfactory has a reputation for good design (they're not bad but I'm not sure they deserve the level they have) and I love radio so I decided to check this app out. The design is no tbad but I wouldn't say it is great either. There is one feature that I think is really great which is that there is a tone played on mobile devices to let you know it is doing sometning but hasn't got the stream yet. Beyond that there is nothing particularly remarkable about the app. Add to that the questionable wording of the license that "forever" equals approximately 3 years for a subsciption app that has received very few updates or enhancements since the initial release. For the money I would recommend the app Broadcasts which only has a one time purchase, offers more functionality, looks nicer (IMHO), works on all Apple devices that are supported and is updated more frequently than this app that asks for a subscription.
Good start, needs improvement.
Looks promising but a few points need addressing before I would purchase the "forever" option. I would never, under any circumstance, pay a subscription fee for an app like this.
1. "Forever" ≠ "3 years". Be upfront about this if you know from the get go that you might abandon the app after three years. Guarantee that users can at least use their saved favorites across platforms (iCloud sync) permanently (or until Apple breaks the functionality, which is beyond your control). For example, Radium, which was abandoned years ago, syncs with iCloud to this very day
2. No menu bar icon, no way to hide the dock icon. Take a peek at the old "Radium" and improve on that.
3. No local NPR station for Richmond, VA? Come on Iconfactory, NPR Streams for state capitals at least ought to be a given.
Once these items are addressed I'll be the first in line for a real "forever" purchese.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 30.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Forever Purchase $19.99
- Yearly Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.