The best way to enjoy all of your favorite Internet radio stations wherever you go.
⁕ In Your Pocket ⁕
Triode goes where you go with your iPhone and iPad. The elegant interface keeps your favorite stations right at your fingertips.
⁕ From Your Couch ⁕
Listen with our Apple TV app and use AirPlay 2 to listen anywhere in your home including HomePod.
⁕ In Your Car ⁕
Road trip, anyone? Enjoy your favorite stations while driving. CarPlay and Siri Shortcuts means no fumbling with controls.
⁕ At The Office ⁕
Triode brings one intuitive experience to all your devices, including your desktop computer.
⁕ Limitless Choices ⁕
Start with Our Picks – a curated roster of the best news and music from around the world. Just a tap to discover new sounds from New Orleans to London and beyond.
You can also search thousands of broadcast stations by genre, name, city, or call letters. Find your favorite iTunes Radio station or set up things manually using a URL if that’s your thing.
⁕ Sync Up ⁕
iCloud syncs your favorite stations seamlessly across every device. Handoff lets you move seamlessly between your iPhone & Mac so you won’t miss a beat or the latest news.
⁕ And More! ⁕
Supports Apple Music and iTunes Store:
• Learn more about an artist
• Purchase a streaming song
• Update your playlists
Listen Privately - No signup. We don’t want your email, phone number, or even an account. Nothing.
Presentation Mode - Tap to hide Triode’s controls for a distraction-free view. Tap again and they come back.
Looks Great Everywhere - From the iPhone SE to a Pro Max, Triode looks great. A universal app that’s designed with you in mind.
⁕ Free with No Ads ⁕
Triode is completely free to use. We don't put any ads in the interface or add them to the audio. An inexpensive subscription improves your experience with these options:
• Add Favorites - Your favorite stations are synced across all devices.
• High Quality Artwork - When available, album cover art is clean and crisp.
Triode is optimized for each platform you run it on: no web players masquerading as an app. Designed with full support for all the things that make Apple products great.
A single purchase gets you access to everything you see above.
Triode uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The subscription provides additional features like high-quality artwork and favorites. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
⁕ All ⁕
• Improved security and privacy when searching for track info and artwork
• Added Track History view:
- iOS: Tap "Track History" in Now Playing view under the play/pause button
- macOS: Click "Station > Show Track History..." in menu bar (or Cmd-T shortcut)
- tvOS: Swipe up for controls, then select "Show Track History"
• Track History features:
- Browse a list of the last 100 tracks played on your device
- Select an item from the list to view detailed information
- Details include song/track information and when/where it played
- Easily open the track in Apple Music or iTunes and share links or artwork
- On iOS, tap on artwork for viewer, then double-tap to zoom in
- Your listening history never leaves the device: no remote tracking
- Clear Track History for more privacy (in Settings on iOS, menu bar on macOS)
⁕ iOS ⁕
• A long-press on artwork or track info is a shortcut to open Track History
• Improved the appearance of the search field in Find A Station
• Fixed popover arrow for sharing on iPad
⁕ macOS ⁕
• Improved Station Organizer layout
• Added keyboard shortcut and menu item to “Open in Apple Music” (Cmd-M)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Little App
So far I am loving Triode & its simplicity. 1 suggestion, maybe having the volume accessiblie album view when a station is playing. It would also be nice to see a "recently played" list of songs you can look back at.
Lastly, I would pay $20 for a real "forever" plan, not forever aka 3 years.
An overall delight to use
I have been a fan of Icon Factory products since iPulse, which is still going strong.
This app is simple but cleanly thought out. I did not think they could show album art as they do on some channels! And it is even in the desktop icon!
iCoud sync works wonderfully as I build up my list. Gotta love CarPlay and Continuity support!
Signed up to the big package. Such a deal.
A true Apple ecosystem app.
Developer Response ,
Harald, thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your review, we really appreciate it. Stay tuned for some nice features coming up that we think you'll appreciate. Enjoy using Triode!
App seems fine, saving a station should not be a $12 / year subscription
I want to like this app, the featureset is perfect for my use cases. I'm just not comfortable with the subscription model at the price point it's at. There is a $20 permanent fee, but it feels about twice as much as I'd like to pay for it. It essentially isolates a small part of something iTunes can do in a nice interface. There's value in that, the price point is just higher than I'm willing to pay.
Developer Response ,
Triode's subscription price is $9.99 USD a year or .99 a month, not $12. Just an FYI, thanks.
- The Iconfactory
- 31.2 MB
macOS 10.13.2 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2019 The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Forever Purchase $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.