Plan your vacation and book an amazing trip, with millions of travel recommendations and reviews from travelers like you on hotels, must-do experiences, top places to eat and other nearby vacation hidden gems. Tripadvisor is the perfect travel planner, helping you book a table at restaurants and compare low prices when booking hotels and flights for your next trip.
The Tripadvisor app is the ultimate travel planner, and is free and easy to use:
• Access over 830 million reviews of hotels, flights, things to do, vacation rentals, and restaurants from travelers like you
• Use our planning tool, Trips, to save and organize your travel ideas for hotels, restaurants, tours and attractions and see them together on a map
• Find great deals on hotels by comparing the lowest prices from more than 200 booking sites worldwide
• Search and book the world’s largest collection of tours, attractions and experiences
• Modify or cancel most tour, attraction and experience bookings for free
• Access mobile tickets for booked tours and activities
• Use Apple Pay or PayPal to make tour or activity bookings
• Find great food wherever you are and reserve tables at local restaurants
• Compare airfares and find great deals on flights
• Browse and book Travelers’ Choice award-winning hotels, experiences, restaurants and more
• Get answers on specific questions from other like-minded travelers in the Tripadvisor forums
• Add your own reviews and photos of places you’ve visited
• Quickly discover nearby hidden gem travel recommendations, find and book must-see things to do while on your trip as well as reserve tables at great restaurants
• View traveler and local recommended places on a map while on your trip
While on a trip, use the app to view nearby hidden gems, hotels, restaurants and top vacation tours and attractions on a map -- then save ideas for later, or book your favorites on the spot and visit a city later. The Tripadvisor travel planner app uses your location to send you great travel recommendations and we share this information with trusted third party partners to provide you with a better experience. Note that your location is collected even if the app is in the background.
We update the Tripadvisor app as often as possible to make it even more useful to travelers like you. Here’s what you’ll find in the latest version:
• Various performance improvements and bug fixes to help you find great places nearby, wherever you are
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We wouldn’t dream of planning a vacation without consulting TripAdvisor’s appraisals of hotels, restaurants, and attractions. But this robust app does much more than that, letting you book your entire trip—from flights to museum tickets—in one place. For those who embrace spontaneity, TripAdvisor is great for quickly finding spots nearby to stay, eat, or play, and the honest user reviews frequently save us from travel troubles.
Love it for business and personal trips!
I travel quite a bit for business and even more for pleasure and this app is perfect for both. On business trips, I can put in the city I’m visiting and when I’m going and it gives me restaurants options and the most popular things to do. I can read reviews from other helpful travelers that give me thing to looks out for and best times to go places. When I travel for pleasure, I start with Trip Advisor. I get a destination in mind and save hotels/vacation homes, activities and transportation info to the trip and have it all planned out before I book. I also use the app for planning with others. I planned a girls trip to Jamaica with my friends and was able to send them the details to review before we booked. I was able to book a lake house in NC for a Thanksgiving dinner my family is planning this year. I think the next step for the app is allowing splitting of payments for different things or allowing multiple payers. Also being able to joint plan a trip would be nice. Overall though I have no complaints about the app and love using it. I love leaving reviews for places I’ve been an helping other fellow travelers.
It’s a very useful app but has some flaws
I can’t leave home without it as it helps bring the world to me. Reviews and recommendations are typically spot on. However, it can be a bit clumsy when it comes to searching. I put in day trips/tours in Dar es Salaam and I keep getting safari results for 3-15 days. Not sure what part of “day” the app does not understand. Also, I booked a trip that has not existed for about a year and was none refundable. When I tried to cancel on the app, it warned me that I would lose 100% of the cost. I reached out to the tour operator via WhatsApp and fortunately, they were gracious enough to inform me that they no longer do that tour and will fully refund. TripAdvisor needs to stay on top of operational tours.
Finally, whenever I book a tour through TripAdvisor, things generally go smoothly except for when they don’t. The reply button to the tour operator contained within the confirmation email seldom works.
All in all, I enjoy using this app as my go to travel companion. I don’t even need to research ahead of time (I know, lazy right? ;) and the idea that I can travel on the fly and have TripAdvisor app do all the legwork is ever so appealing. It would have been 5 star but for all the issues listed above!
- 254.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 TripAdvisor LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.