Get more music on your phone with the triple j app.
Flick between triple j, Double J and triple j Unearthed live radio, or catch up on all your favourite episodes, podcasts or Like A Version videos anytime with the addition of our new On Demand section.
You can also still stream via AirPlay and Chromecast devices, see all recently played songs, add tracks that you love straight to your Apple Music or Spotify playlists, find your closest FM frequency, update your timezone to listen live wherever you are Australia-wide, or SMS and call triple j directly from the app.
triple j – we love music (on your phone)!
*** Note that you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges ***
This update includes some new features:
• While listening to an on-demand program or catch up episode you can see all the tracks we played and easily add them to Apple Music or Spotify
• You can now favourite on-demand content for easy access to the stuff you care about most, right from the on-demand home screen
We've also included a few of the usual bug fixes and performance improvements to make the app run even better for you!
Ratings and Reviews
This app has gotten so much better since the 2.0 release, which I found to be lacking. Every feature I missed from 1.x is back and has been improved.
I live in Cleveland and triple j is the only music radio I listen to... thank you so much for making it so easy to enjoy it from the other side of the world!
As a long time triple j listener, it really bums me out to leave a less than glowing review for this app.
I was pretty excited when the triple j app first became available. It’s been great for accessing the live broadcast anywhere with ease. The redesign looks excellent and it’s nice to have access to Double J and Unearthed in the same place. Unfortunately, everything else about the new version is a disappointment. Nearly all of the great features from the previous version have been left out, and without warning. Here’s a short list of some of the features I really miss:
- The option to have music start playing upon opening the app is gone. This was very handy for in-car use.
- “Tracks I Love” is gone. So is the list of songs I had saved 🙁
- The on-demand content is gone.
triple j, I love you and I’ve sent countless people your way over the years, but this new app is a big letdown in my eyes. I wish I could rollback to the old version. I really hope you plan to restore the excellent functionality that’s missing.
Developer Response ,
Stoked that you're enjoying the updates! Appreciate your feedback -- all the best to you in Cleveland, let's go Browns.
Straya & triple j rewrite the book!
I'm a new music junkie in Detroit, this app is a god-send. I listen at home, at work, and on the road. Aussies know how to live & this app is pure legend! I'll be teaching my mates to do a shoe-ey in your honor. 3 Cheers to Straya, jjj and the makers of this fine app. Well done!
My go to station at home here in the states when I'm at home and listening in the car. Love it
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- 76.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.