TripLingo is the ultimate tool for international travelers. Learn essential phrases (in four slang levels!), instantly translate your voice or connect to a live translator, get a crash course on the local culture and so much more- all in the app that was named the “Business Travel Innovation of the Year” by Fast Company.
The free version includes basic access to all features in every language. You can access all content by upgrading to a premium subscription. If your company has purchased an enterprise license you can access all features free (email enterprise@TripLingo.com for more info).
TripLingo’s award-winning platform is trusted by 500,000+ international travelers and includes:
- Support for over 100 countries
- Over 2,000 phrases per language in 13 languages
- More than 30,000 professionally recorded audio files
- An instant voice translator in 42 languages
- An image translator (ideal for signs, menus, etc.)
- A 10,000 word offline dictionary
- Audio lessons!
- An intelligent tip calculator & currency converter
- Built-in flashcards and a quiz mode to help you learn
- A “culture crash course” to get familiar with local customs and etiquette
- A "Wi-fi Dialer" that allows you to call any international phone number
- Much more!
Contact email@example.com with any issues and we'll be happy to help!
As seen in CNN, Wired, Forbes, Fox, FastCompany, Lifehacker, Mashable, MSNBC and more. TripLingo has received awards from GBTA, the Association of Corporate Travel Executives, PhocusWright, Fast Company, Sabre, the Wireless Technology Forum, Business Insider, and the Technology Association of Georgia.
Find us online:
This update includes multiple bug fixes, improved performance, updated Culture Notes and improvements to the Voice Translator and Image Translator. Thank you for the support and feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Same problems- but developer helped
I really like many of the basic features. But, like other reviewers I also could not get the audio to work. Worse, I paid the $20 for the full version, and it did not grant me access to the full version. Tried the obvious like rebooting and reinstalling. Nothing. It looks like a great app- if it only it worked. Hopefully I’ll hear from developer soon. If so, I’ll revise my review.
UPDATE: Revising my review based on ability to reach the developer. He was very accommodating. I am optimistic that the app will now prove very useful. Will put it to the test in the next few weeks. If you still see 4 stars, it worked.
Seems great but can’t get it to work
Excited to find this and wanted to listen to the audio phrases. When I hit play no sound comes out. Is this a bug? I am trying to listen to Thai phrases.
Love this app
I had downloaded a bunch of apps to work on my French. I love this app as it has the one thing all the others are missing, phonetics. I do like many of the other helpful features this app offers, but in terms of learning how to say things sometimes hearing it isn’t enough. Merci (mair-see)!
- TripLingo, LLC
- 192.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © TripLingo 2019
- In-App Purchases
- 5 Minutes Live Translator Access $24.99
- 10 Minutes Live Translator Access $39.99
- 30 Minutes Live Translator Access $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.