TripShaker app is a free offline travel helper right in your pocket.
It lets you save your previously planned trip, downloads all trip, sites, venues and weather data, and then keeps you informed and navigates you in offline mode.
- ability to give directions to saved places and venues in offline mode using location data and compass
- "checklist" of places to visit with brief information on each place
- itinerary with approximate calculation of distances and durations between sites
- available offline 5-days weather forecast for each saved place on the way that helps to correct travel plans according to weather conditions
- available offline short directory of venues near each place in itinerary
- trip route, sites, venues and weather forecast displayed on the map in online mode
How to start:
1. Register at http://tripshaker.com/register/ or right in the app
2. Login and go to trip planner: http://tripshaker.com/planner/
3. Create your trip route, find places along it, select your favourite and save your trip
4. Login to TripShaker app and sync trips simply by pulling down the trips list
After sync is complete you can navigate through the list of trips and review all the related data. While using the app in online mode all data you see is saved to your iPhone (note: map data is not saved - it is only cached for a while).
How to use in travel:
1. Login to TripShaker app
2. Go to the trip you are going to carry
3. Activate the trip by turning on the switch in the upper right corner on the screen
4. Wait while the app completes download of trip data (itinerary, sites, venues data and weather forecast)
After sync is complete you can use the app in travel: all the data of the active trip will be available offline (note: map data is not downloaded).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.