Tripvia Tours 4+
GPS-Guided Audio Tours
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Listen to a tour guide as you drive with our funny, entertaining + educational self-guided driving tours! App uses GPS location to deliver full narration from our fun & personable tour guides.
Discover your destination with our narrated walking tours! Live GPS map makes navigating the tour a breeze. Informative tour guides deliver a fun & entertaining experience you won't forget.
Each point of interest on both driving and walking tours has an optional location based trivia question. Challenge your friends or just play for fun! Hands free while driving, device based when walking.
Bug fixes, UI/UX updates
Ratings and Reviews
You won't be disappointed! Family friendly. Kids loved it.. to be honest hubby and I did too.
Wish there was an alternative! App HORRIBLE!
There were so many things wrong with this app, it’s hard to say what was the worst! I’ll just give the FACTS based on our experience.
1. App crashes constantly - yup, just stops working as you approach a stop, not every time, but on a roughly 25 stop tour the app crashed at least 10 times. Which leads to my second big issue….
2. Where are my tours - you often purchase the tours in advance, at home where you have great internet. Time passes, you go to the city where the tour starts, open app, hmmmm… might make sense that you would see a list of the tours you’ve purchased, NOPE! You have to hunt through their menu until you find the one you purchased and start the tour. Oh, by the way, every time the app crashes you have to do the same thing!!!!
3. Where was I ? Also very annoying, you can jump to the spot where you were by hitting the map but it doesn’t actually take you where you left off, ours always took us to the intro….
4. Bring a portable charger- As others have mentioned, this thing will drain your phone faster than anything I’ve ever seen.
Lots of dead time, misses a lot
We did the LA to San Diego tour in June and we’re disappointed in this audio tour. We had previously done a similar tour in Oahu through another developer and it was amazing. This particular tour had LOTS of dead air time and could have covered so much more. This route is not as scenic as I had always heard, so the first half in particular was rough. There were many points of interest that were missed and some of the narration was very brief and could have been much more informative. The drive took a lot longer than anticipated because this route has tons and tons of stoplights, so prepare for more time than is estimated. It is inexpensive, but we thought we wasted so much of a day.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tripvia Inc.
- 56.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Tripvia Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Icefields Parkway $5.99
- Denver & Vail $7.99
- Boulder & Vail $6.99
- Calgary & Lake Louise $5.99
- Pacific Coast Highway $6.99
- Bow River Sightseeing Tour $4.99
- Sea to Sky Highway 99 $4.99
- Churches, Gardens and Gravey $4.99
- Discover Downtown $4.99
- St. Augustine's Lost Souls $6.99