TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Added support for searching saved trips. Swipe down on the list of trips to search. This works on iOS11 and higher.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
10 years and no slowing down!
I’ve been using the app for approximately 10 years and it’s always been a quality experience and well done.
I went and checked to be sure and confirmed that I first started using the app in November 2009. Ages ago yet so recent.
Functionality and coverage is perfect for Sydney. Would suggest that overview maps for Melbourne trams and trains be included for that region as it is in the app for Sydney trains.
Everyone using public transport in Sydney and Melbourne should be using this app. And tourists should be told about the app in every travel blog.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear you’ve found the app useful, and thanks for the feedback!
I just moved to Sydney from the States. I live in the city and don’t own a car so I take public transportation for everything. This app makes it so easy to figure out how to move around without the hassle of trying to read the maps.
a great app
This app makes public transport in Sydney super easy. watch you bus come down the road on the real-time map and time your leaving any building to catch the bus with ease. You can also tap any bus stop to see any bus stopping there and where it can take you.
- TripView Pty Ltd
- 24.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008 - 2020 TripView Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.