Plan your trip by and avoid bad weather by creating a custom weather forecast. Add waypoints for your route on a map. TripWeather shows the forecast at 25-50 miles interval along your route at the time your expected to pass through. Change start time to find the best times to travel. The route is fully customizable so you can explore different routing options.
TripWeather is perfect if you want to plan your drive to avoid hazardous driving conditions, plan a camping trip or just take your bike or convertible out for a spin in the sunshine. Since there is also a route mode for cycling, it is also useful for road cyclists to plan your training round. If you want to rest or stop over in a city, just press the pause button and specify how long break you want to take, TripWeather will update the weather accordingly.
- Creates a unique prediction for your particular journey.
- Support for car, bike and light aircraft routes with adjustable average speed.
- Shows the forecast in both table and graph views.
- Supports rest stops along the route.
- Supports metric and imperial units.
- Shows how different departure times affect the weather for your journey.
- Fully customizeable routes: drag, drop and remove pins to change the route.
- Saves forecasts so they can be used offline.
- Make it easy for you to share a forecast by e-mail, MMS or social media (requires iOS 6).
- Uses forecasts from Yr.no which work in all countries.
TripWeather is free! If you like it, please tip the developers using the in-app tip jar :)
Remember that forecasts are always approximate and have pleasant trip!
Bug fixes around route lookup and location search.
Ratings and Reviews
Used to work, not so much anymore
I love road trips and the concept of this app. I was able to use it for a while with no issues. It was clunky but it worked. Suddenly none of the weather will load. Everything keeps spinning. It will list the cities on the route but you have to manually enter the cities into a different weather app in order to see what your trip weather will ultimately be like. Too bad. It WAS a good app-not anymore.
Developer Response ,
Version 1.5.0 which fixes this issue is out now :)
Just doesn’t function that well
I found the route “planning” unintuitive - it’s different from every other iPhone map I’ve ever used. That doesn’t make it bad, just frustrating to figure out. Once I did figure it out, I kept trying to change the route, unsuccessfully. Some map icons are hidden underneath the search “bar” at the top (like the compass). When you search for an address, it just zooms the map there, doesn’t give any sort of pin or indication of what you searched for (like an address or city), so you still have to tap and hold. Zooming out on the map causes it to quit completely, losing all changes made to your route. Seemed a solid idea and solidly reviewed. I really can’t see why, after a few frustrating minutes of use.
Exactly what I was looking for but better. I'll gladly pay the $2.99 or whatever it costs for unlimited usage. It's a great app, beautifully implemented once you realize you can add extra "waypoints" along the way to correct the path to the one you intend to take. I skipped the tutorial and it probably explains that. I'll have to look at the tutorial when I get home from my trip. 😀
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 27.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2018 Mack-A-Roni
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $1.99
- Large Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.