The Smartway mobile app provides a quick and easy way to view TDOT's live-streaming traffic cameras across the state of Tennessee.
• Viewing individual camera feeds on an interactive map of Tennessee.
• Save cameras to your favorites for easy access (great for commuting).
• Location persistence. The app will always open where the user left it last.
• Location-based sorting of your favorite traffic cameras.
• Integration with Google Maps traffic overlay.
Fixed an issue causing favorites to not persist between launches of the application.
Ratings and Reviews
All of us at home use this app to see if there are any issues on our routes. The new camera zoom on individual locations is very helpful. The cameras’ resolution is a problem for the city, but this app should not be free. I would certainly and happily pay for this quality work. Thank you.
This app is fantastic! I can quickly scroll through my favorite views to check the traffic going to work and coming home. Incredibly helpful!
turn the cameras off
this app is very much like the original Tdot map (which was really useful), except, if you just want to see the traffic around Nashville, you can’t because the view is completely blocked by the multiple camera buttons; they completely block out the highway underneath. If, in traffic, you just want to quickly look ahead, you can’t, and it makes this app dangerous. Include a way to turn off the cameras, and be able to see the traffic.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.