Troutspotting helps you find the best fly fishing streams near you and across the United States.
Search. Fish. Catch & Release.
- 15,000 fishable streams across the US.
- Stream Gages: Locate fishable water across in the U.S. with real-time stream information.
- Access Points: Quickly identify parking, access points, and applicable special regulation information. Local, five-day weather forecast for all map points.
- Fly Shops: Over 700 fly shops noted with proximity to various streams for on the go fly-fishing needs.
- Major Rivers: Locate Blue Ribbon water such as the Madison and Yellowstone rivers. Over 200 stream designations including: Gold Medal; Red Ribbon; and Blue Ribbon for ease of reference.
- Notebook: Personalized section allows you to save to your fly-fishing logbook to assist in trip planning.
- Your Data: Export/Import to Google Earth (KML) for easy GPS navigation assistance.
Improved performance and fixed bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app... I can’t believe that it is free!
According to what I can check on locally here in Oregon, this app presents useful information drawn from the Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife (presumably similar in other states). The mapping function helps you figure out where the stream or river is, and the detail page contains useful hints, regulations, and access information. It is like the developer scraped data off all the State’s DFW sites and regulations, and packaged it into a pretty easy-to-use app... this has got to be a labor of love. A couple of hints to save you time: once you have a stream or river visible in the map, tap on it to get a bar with an info symbol; tap that to get to the detail page. Secondly, if you press and hold on a location while viewing the map it will give you the opportunity to create a personal marker: name it, type in notes, etc. I also like the way that the app includes local fly fishing shops in the search results.
I’m very happy with this app. It’s better than I thought it would be. Are use it all the time for New York state trout fishing.
For the fisherman in all of us
I'd love to take up fly fishing and this app may be the reason. Great job John Robokos!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.