Identify and block spam calls or SMS and search for unknown numbers. With a community-based spam list from over 300 million users, Truecaller is the only Caller ID & Spam Blocking app you’ll ever need.
(US ONLY) TRUECALLER ASSISTANT: THE ONLY CALL SCREENING SOLUTION TRULY AVAILABLE ON iOS DEVICES
- Save time and add a new level of spam detection with the AI-powered Assistant that answers your calls
- Using machine learning and advanced speech-to-text, your Assistant will ask questions to the caller, finding out who they are and the reason for the call
- Our AI then filters this data and is able to tell with more than 90% accuracy if the call is spam or not
- Further questions can be asked via the Assistant before deciding yourself whether to answer or reject the call
AVOID ANNOYING SPAM CALLS & SMS
- Automatically identify spam, fraud and Robocalls before you pick up
- Block unwanted callers and SMS
- The leading spam call blocker for iPhone
(Enable Spam Identification and Blocking from Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification)
FIND NAMES OF ANY CALLER
- Enter any number to lookup name and other contact info (Works for domestic and international numbers!)
- Lookup phone numbers directly from your iPhone’s call history using the Share extension (Call Log > Share Contact > Search Truecaller)
TRUECALLER PREMIUM - Upgrade and get access to:
- Remove all ads
- Know who viewed your profile
- Get the Premium badge on your profile
- Auto-renewing subscription ($1.99 monthly / $17.99 yearly - price varies by country)
Truecaller respects your right to privacy. Your phonebook is never made searchable or public.
- Email: email@example.com
- FAQ: http://truecaller.com/faq
(Please note: Payment for auto-renewing subscription to Truecaller Premium will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the Account Settings on your device. To avoid renewal, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.)
This version includes:
- New SMS Filtering categories
- Various bug fixes around the app
Note: In the coming weeks, we'll drop support for iOS 14. In order to continue getting the best of Truecaller, please upgrade at least to iOS 15.
Ratings and Reviews
Blocks spam, but not if they’re collection agencies!
I got this app, TrueCaller, and its only works part of the time. Understanding there are constantly new numbers added to the spam list, I expect to update the app database daily. Not that big of a deal. The problem is, it clearly identifies a spam caller, but still allows some through. I have found it blocks legitimate spam calls as I recently put my resume online and immediately began getting spam calls. I bought the new iPhone X 256GB, but neglected to turn the blocking options on in settings. Once that was done, no more spam calls... or so I thought. The calls I was receiving, promising job opportunities, required me to sign up for more school. Holding two bachelors and a masters degrees, I politely told the first few I had no interest in school and explained my education level. If you refuse their persistence in signing up for school, they rudely say they can’t help. Truecaller stopped these. However, while clearly marked in red a call is spam and you answer, you will find they let collection agency calls through. I’ve had my number for 10 years now and still get collection calls for someone I don’t know! I haven’t found any better app out there, though, so the collection calls will have to manually be rejected.
Simple to use - Effective - Spam Blocker
I have had "truecaller" installed on my phone for close to a year and have had no buggy glitches or annoyances from the interface. It does a wonderful job identifying and sending the majority of SPAMMERS straight to VM and out of my life 😉. I am an IT Professional but I have suggests it to many friends and family who are not tech savy because of the ease of setup and straightforward navigation of the app menus.
Give a try !! The worst that could happen is it sends a caller you may have wanted to get through .. to VM. So just an extra minute or two spent to find out and call them back. But for the number of True Spammers it sends away .. that small inconvenience is well worth it IMHO !
Do Not Use with T-Mobile - More Than Worthless
My cellular provider is T-Mobile (USA). I use T-Mobile’s Scam Shield service and app. I installed Truecaller, hoping it would catch the few spam calls that Scam Shield does not (one or two a month), but, in the 6-9 months I had it installed, Truecaller only showed two calls as spam and they were both legitimate calls. One was Verizon’s Sales department returning my call. (I manage my parents’ Verizon account.) I don’t remember the other one. Truecaller also marked a couple dozen legitimate text messages as Promotional and Junk. Some of those marked as Junk (and therefore had their notifications suppressed when they came in) were from a 911 Computer Aided Dispatch system (used to notify first responders of emergencies and provide address and situational info). These alerts are followed by other notification methods, but the time it takes to receive an alternate notification and take down an address can have a significant negative impact when every minute counts. Truecaller also failed to mark as spam all of the political calls and texts before the U.S. elections.
So, if you have T-Mobile, use T-Mobile’s Scam Shield and don’t bother with Truecaller. And, if you receive critical text messages, DO NOT enable Truecaller’s SMS filtering.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- True Software Scandinavia AB
- 172.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © True Software Scandinavia AB
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium $4.49
- Yearly Premium $29.99
- Renewable Assistant Monthly $4.99
- Renewable Ad Free Monthly $0.99
- Renewable Ad Free Yearly $9.99
- Monthly Premium Silver $9.99
- Renewable Assistant Yearly $49.99
- Premium Gold $249.99
- Yearly Premium Silver $89.99