TrueMotion Family is a FREE family-oriented driving app that gives you a complete picture of your family's driving safety. We’re the only app that tells you where your family members are and how they got there, with details on exactly how they drove including phone use, texting, aggressive driving, speeding, and more.
With TrueMotion Family you can:
• See where your teen driver is.
• See how they got there.
• See if your teen is driving responsibly (and if they’re texting or using the phone while driving).
• Engage your entire family by inviting them to your app Family. Friends are welcome too!
• And, see how your teen ranks compared to the rest of your Family.
The app engages the whole family to become safe and responsible drivers by tracking behaviors, scoring and ranking each driver and sharing the results to the whole family (or other group). In addition to showing driving behavior, TrueMotion Family also shares family members’ locations so you can see where everyone in your family is and how they got there.
If you don’t want to share the details of your location with the group, you can easily turn off your location details in settings to keep your location private.
Car trips are graded using a simple 100 point scale (where 100 is the best score). Teen drivers and their families can use their driving score to gain insights into responsible driving, identify risky behavior, and monitor improvement over time. Other driving behaviors indicative of risk like Aggressive Driving and High Speeds are called out within the app and factored into your score.
With a quick glance, you can see where your family is and how they’re driving, and how their driving compares to yours. Zoom in on individual family members with a tap to see scoring details and their trip history.
TrueMotion Family helps everyone stay on track and make safe decisions when they’re behind the wheel. We love safe drivers!
Disclaimer: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Minor updates and fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great as teaching aid!
This app has taught all of us (parents and two young adults) to notice speed limits, keep distance to cars in front and leave the phone alone - simply magic for us!!! I agree that the app doesn’t always record accurately and maybe the support isn’t great....but I don’t care :-). Our son and daughter are much safer drivers (slower and more observant) than before, and we the parents still score higher than them - simply because we have more experience and look further ahead. No arguing needed - just check your score my son!!! Try it. It might change you as well.
The perfect invisible companion
Provides objective evidence couples, parents, adult-children, friends have needed since cars were invented to prove or disprove how someone is driving. I would love to have my entire extended family on this app under my family. Having the best score or not having the lowest score for each category is a natural contest that needs no additional motivation and as a byproduct you and your family are becoming safer drivers!
I would like to see...
1. How much over the 10 mphs someone was driving. Perhaps this is difficult to be accurate to instill confidence so maybe you could group it such as <15mph, 15-25mph, >25mph.
2. I would characterize Hard Stops as Rapid Deceleration. Rapid Acceleration can also be very dangerous so I'm wondering if it could be possible to add a view that provides for displaying instances where the car increased or decreased its speed by more than 15mph/s plus or minus.
3. I understand that talking on the phone is dangerous but I don't agree it's nearly as dangerous to be aggregated together with texting. It would be very useful to see what type of "hand" usage was taking place whether that be, using maps, talking on the phone with and without loud speaker, texting etc.
This app needs a LOT of improvement, it’s supposed to learn your driving pattern but it rarely gets it correct. When I’m driving it says I’m a passenger and when I’m a passenger it says I’m driving. This lowers my score a lot(my friends aren’t great drivers) but when I correct the app it doesn’t raise my score at all it’s still the score I had before I changed it! There is also another issue with correcting your scores. I check my scores weekly and check the ones that are correct and change the ones the app got wrong, as I’m doing this the app crashes 2-3 times and it glitches back to the map tons of times. Correcting my scores should only take 2-3 mins but it takes me 10-20 because of these glitches. It also has many locating glitches. I can never tell where my parents are(the app never loads their location) and the tracking glitches all the time and says I drive a straight line from my start to my destination! This is very disappointing I had a lot higher expectations for this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TrueMotion, Inc.
- 78.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 TrueMotion
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.