Looking for a better banking experience? You found it.
Feel more in control of your finances and plan with confidence—everywhere you go. Take care of everyday banking, plus enjoy innovative features and smarter technology so you can achieve more.
What’s better? Features that put you first and push you forward.
Accounts & cards
* View account details and transactions.
* Set alerts preferences.
* View statements.
* Order checks and supplies.
* Manage overdraft options.
* Lock and unlock your cards.
* Set spending limits and locations.
Transfer & pay
* Transfer between Truist accounts or external accounts.
* Send and request money with Zelle®.
Sign in & security
* Enable Face or Touch ID for quick access.
* Change your user ID and password.
* See sign in history and remembered devices.
* Deposit checks.
* View deposit history.
Planning & insights
* Get insights on spending, trends, cash flow, and unusual activity.
* Link external accounts.
* Set and track spending budgets.
* Compare spending habits.
* Monitor savings goals.
Rewards & deals
* Earn cash back with your credit or debit card.
* View and redeem credit card rewards.
Help & support
* Call Truist support.
* Find a branch, ATM, or bank service.
* View help & FAQs.
* Schedule an appointment.
* Access your Truist inbox.
* Add quick links for frequently used tasks.
* Show, hide, and reorder accounts.
* Browse and apply for other Truist accounts.
* Upload receipts and attach to transactions.
* Customized investment portfolio experience
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
I NEVER write reviews, but felt I should this time. I waited until I HAD to download the new Truist app (old U BBT app no longer worked). I did so with dread, as I do hate change, and the reviews for this new Truist app were anything but encouraging. Once I logged in (and my old user name and password worked on the first try), facial rec. was turned on, things SEEM to be working correctly. It seems there have been a number of updates since the app was released 2 months or so ago, and they must have helped. I read a number of the previous reviews and many of those items seem to have been fixed. The app seems similar to the old UBBT app. I was able to find most of the info I was looking for relatively easily.
2 items that could be improved-
1) the color/font/boldness of the writing could be improved. As others mentioned the text (and sometimes numbers) are a little difficult to read.
2) the bill pay area, again as others mentioned, it would be nice if the nicknames appeared next to the payee name (as they did in the old app). Especially true if you have multiple accounts with the same payee name (life and auto ins. With the same carrier). Overall I am pleasantly surprised by the app, as I was really not looking forward to the change. Maybe they are listening and there is hope!
not bad at all! pleasantly surprised
i’ve only been using this app for a day after transferring from the U by BB&T app, and truthfully i had low expectations after reading the reviews. however, after downloading and messing around for a bit, it seems as if people have older versions of the app or are just a bit too harsh on this app. change can be hard to deal with, but not all change is bad! do i think the BB&T app was a bit more user-friendly? sure. i can understand the complaints about the dark purple vs the font and how it’s harder to read. but, with that being said, i don’t have anything negative to say about the Truist app. depositing a check was super easy, viewing my balance(s) is a breeze, it still gives insights just like the app i was using previously, basically everything is the same except for the layout except it’s more sleek now. i have an iPhone 7 Plus that sometimes doesn’t even like to open apps so... if it’s working for me, i can’t understand it not working for people with newer phones unless it’s programmed for my system and is a bit outdated. all in all, pretty dang good! exceeded my expectations.
Why did Truist not keep using a proven BB&T app?
Just tried to deposit check using new Truist app. Kept getting message that amount of check entered did not match the check photo. Tried re-entering amount, closing/re-opening app, taking new photo of check nothing worked. Finally called Truist support. Rep had me delete app & re-install, which did not work. Then she had me load the app on my iPhone (I had been using my iPad because that is the only device that I use for banking). I was able to deposit check with I phone (I think). I got confirmation number but the deposit is not showing as pending in the account, nor did I get a confirmation email, which is apparently not an option with Truist, as it was with BB&T. At that point, the rep felt that she had done her job; it was now MY problem that the app does not work on the iPad since it works on the iPhone. Told me to check my settings & updates. Well, I did; they are the same on both devices; all operating systems & apps are up to date; the devices were restarted yesterday. And the BB&T app worked on my ipad; Bank of America app works on my ipad. If I cannot deposit a check using the Truist app on my ipad, maybe I need a new bank. What happened to BB&T’s customer service? Did that get lost in the merge along with a working mobile app? Also, the deposit should show immediately in the account as pending, and we should get a confirmation email. BB&T did; Bank of America does.
Developer Response ,
Hey, catlady11111. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Feel free to reach out with any additional comments or suggestions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and reference case #32652792. Thanks, CP, Truist Mobile
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Truist Financial Corporation
- 217 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2021, Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Only deposit products are FDIC insured. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.