When searching for a new home, the more you know about the home and neighborhood, the more you know it’s right. Trulia helps you discover the perfect home AND neighborhood for your lifestyle to buy or rent. Get a genuine feel of what it’s like to live there before you buy with 33 neighborhood map overlays, 30M+ neighborhood reviews from locals, and virtual neighborhood tours. Browse 1M+ real-time MLS listings with Trulia’s robust search filters, easily plan open houses, and customize instant alerts to stay ahead of the real estate market.
Trulia Real Estate Key Features:
TRULIA NEIGHBORHOODS -- get more neighborhood details than any real estate app
• Browse 33 neighborhood heat overlay maps such as schools, amenities, and commute
• Tour the neighborhood with original photos, local stories, and drone footage
• Learn about everyday life with the What Locals Say feature, ranging from whether people feel it is safe to get packages delivered to if neighborhoods are friendly.
• Research schools in the neighborhood with trustworthy reviews from parents
OVER 1M+ LISTINGS -- sourced from MLS databases, take your search on-the-go
• Browse and save your favorites listings and searches to easily access them later
• Get an overview of the surrounding area with Street View
• Access the map in normal, satellite or terrain mode
• Connect with highly rated agents to find a home you love
SEARCH CUSTOMIZATION TOOLS -- find a home and neighborhood uniquely suited for you
• Draw your own map boundaries to focus on the neighborhoods you care most about
• Be in control with 30+ filters and custom keyword search
• Find any type of property such as a condo, apartment, single family homes, or foreclosures
DETAILED HOME LISTINGS-- simplify your home search with an intuitive experience
• Browse large and beautiful photos of homes
• Get the financial details you need like property tax, sales history, and more
• Leverage pricing info on recently sold homes to spot high-value properties
• Calculate multiple commutes by different transportation modes
• Understand local LGBT non-discrimination laws for housing, employment, and public accommodations
HOME BUYING ALERTS -- take your search on-the-go and never miss a listing
• Stay up to date on the market and neighborhoods with alerts on new listing recommendations, price drops, or nearby open homes
• Customize email and push notification alerts to only see what you care about
• Check out your daily feed of new listing recommendations based on your search behavior and favorites
OPEN HOMES SCHEDULING TOOL
• Plan and manage open houses with calendar sync and mapping directions
• Get open house recommendations near you
• Calculate the full cost of owning your dream home, taking into account: mortgage, interest rate, HOA, homeowners insurance, and property taxes
• Determine what you can afford based on your current financial situation
Trulia Rentals Key Features:
• Contact landlords and rental property managers on the go with just one click - it's that easy!
• Set yourself apart by easily applying with our rental resume
EASILY FIND APARTMENTS, CONDOS, & RENTAL PROPERTIES
• Discover diverse listings in a beautiful, intuitive way
• Check out floor plans and availabilities
FILTER BY TRANSIT &/OR PETS
• Find rentals near transit and calculate commutes
• Sort for properties by whether they allow cats or dogs
Discover a place you’ll love to live.
We are continuously working on making the Trulia app better. In this release we've made some performance improvements and fixed some bugs. Thank you for choosing Trulia.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s useful and easier to navigate compared to other apps. The listings go up a bit later but if you aren’t looking in a super hot zone where days matter, it’s a pretty good app. There needs to be a cancel for request information and the DTI meter I think is backwards too. There definitely need to be some fixes but like I said, it’s easier to navigate.
Also, foreclosures, more are listed on this app than the other apps I use, and they more often than not, they pan out to still be up for sale. I actually type the addresses into Zillow, as they sometimes provide pictures inside. Trulia provides a street view always so you can get a rough feeling on how the neighborhood is and if the house needs a lot of TLC on the outside or not. Trulia’s maps of disaster, crime and what not are extremely useful and accurate thus far. It has its flaws but it also provides some aspects other apps don’t.
OK, but some annoying glitches
I get email alerts of properties that may interest me, and downloaded this app thinking it would be easier to view them on my iPhone than opening in my browser. It’s not really. The email links now open only in the app, no choice. When I go through an email I may click on several properties so I can then delete the email. The properties stack up in the app, and there appears to be no choice but to see them in that order. To see the next property I must close the one I’m looking at, and can’t go back unless I favorite it. I don’t want all those favorites, just an ability to move between three or four properties. There also seems to be no way to get a link to send without starting a false text and then copying the link. Even starting a false email does not give a copyable link. Yes, I can send a direct email to someone through the app, but that is usually not what I want to do. I want a link I can paste into an email or text I am writing outside the app. If there are solutions to these issues they are ones I have not been able to find in way too much time spent looking, which reflects on the usability of the app. These issues are annoying enough that I am going back to using my browser, and since there’s no choice where things open that means deleting the app entirely.
I like it and I don't
Like I'm sure others have said, you c ant clear recommended, and sometimes the recommendations are no where near what you're interested in, or can even afford (as much as I'd like to be able to afford a quarter million dollar home, throwing it in my face doesn't help :)). Another issue I have is the FEED. It started out being a good thing. But now, houses I've no interest in (maybe saved them at one point but are no longer) pop on and off the market DAILY, and fill the entire feed. There has to be away to report listings that are constantly on and off the market (possible fake listings) or at least remove them permanently. I don't want to see the same two houses 24 times on my feed jumping on and off he market.
However, the positives are that typically I find more houses on this app than I do others. I call them "Hidden" listings, because living in a woodsy and farmsy Midwestern state, a lot of listings in these areas don't get listed on other apps, from what I can tell at least. With the last update I thought it was easier to "unsave" listings, but with them popping up a hundred times in my feed, I'm not so sure it worked haha. I still use the app, just think it could be better. N
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trulia, Inc
- 190.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Trulia, Inc.