Trust Your Food, the free app that allows to access the Digital Passport of the agri-food products by verifying in a simple way data authenticity, accessing supply chain information, promotion and direct communication
producer/consumer and much more.
The last traceability experience in the Food area is the result of a collaboration with CSQA certifications and Qualivita Foundation and provides the Modica chocolate IGP Consortium an effective and innovative technological solution.
The system uses a custom label connected to the "Trust Your Food" APP through which it’s possible to verify the origin and the authenticity of the data shown on the label and facilitate the exchange of information between producers and consumers. The APP allows producers to manage and customize a specific area through which they can transmit promotional messages, dialogue directly with the consumers and monitor strategic information about the market.
Finally, the traceability system allows specific production control as it is already provided for PDO wines.
The implemented solution can also be fully integrated with the Blockchain technology allowing the entire traceability of the production chain, certifying the quality, the origin, ensuring the full transparency to safeguard the final consumer and enhancing quality agri-food work.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Photograph the datamatrix printed on the label (also allows you to type or dictate the code)
• Queries the Poligrafico information system
• Check the correspondence of the control code with the one present on the label
• View information about the product (some of which are shown on the label)
WHY IS IT SAFE?
• The label is a physical support that is difficult to counterfeit because it is made with advanced production and printing systems
• The coding system is based on robust algorithms that provide an alphanumeric identifier for each product
• Information is distributed among Poligrafico information systems, control structures and producers
• Security of purchase: check the combination between the codes printed on the label and the information on the label
• Quick check: scans the datamatrix printed on the label and queries the Poligrafico information system in real time
• Preserves the list of checks: through the history of the checks it is possible to make reports on doubts about the authenticity of the products at any time.
THE POLIGRAFICO AND SOME EXPERIENCES OF SUCCESS
Poligrafico, a company of the Ministry of Economy and Finance, realizes the anti-counterfeiting and traceability systems for the Italian State in sectors of particular interest for safety and public health.
Among the main solutions realized by Poligrafico are the pharmaceutical label and the relative unique identifier code that support both the Italian track and trace system of the Ministry of Health (which currently guarantees the lowest levels of counterfeiting in Europe) and the monitoring system of the pharmaceutical expenditure of the State General Accounting Office (which allows the tracking of about 30 billion euros of annual expenditure to be paid by the Health Service National). Poligrafico emits about 2.5 billion of pharmaceutical label/ unique identifier code each year that are connected to individual medicine box placed on the market.
A second example is the traceability system of wine products with geographical indication such as Denomination of Controlled Origin Guaranteed (D.O.C.G.) and Denomination of Controlled Origin (D.O.C.) for which the Poligrafico issues annually about 1.5 billion of wine label/unique identifier codes, responsible for the complete traceability of bottles of wine certified by control bodies authorized by the
Ministry of Agriculture, Food, Forestry and Tourism.
All product information displayed by the APP is provided by the respective manufacturers.
Improved performance and stability
- ISTITUTO POLIGRAFICO E ZECCA DELLO STATO SPA
- 30.1 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato Spa
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.