Stay in tune with this chromatic tuner and pitch pipe for your musical instrument. It tunes guitars, bass guitars, and banjos, but also many other instruments, even your voice (just sing into it!). The built-in pitch pipe lets you play a reference tone for tuning by ear.
The tuner requires microphone access, which can be granted in the Settings app, under Privacy > Microphone. For best results, use a headset or microphone separate from the device.
• Automatically finds the pitch using the microphone.
• Shows note name, octave, frequency.
• Shows sharpness or flatness in cents and percentage.
• Plays reference tones out loud with 4 selectable timbres.
• Has 18 built-in tuning systems for 9 instruments.
• Can use 8 notation systems (4 types with 2 variations each).
• Editable A4 reference frequency, with A440 standard tuning (A4 = 440Hz).
• Twelve-tone equal temperament tuning.
• Supports upside-down device orientation.
• Real-world tested on pianos, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, and other instruments.
• Standard Guitar
• Guitar: Dropped D
• Guitar: Dropped C
• Guitar: Open G
• Guitar: Open D
• Bass Guitar
• Resonator Guitar (Dobro)
• C6 Lap Steel Guitar
• Banjo: Open G
• Banjo: Early
• Banjo: G Modal
• Banjo: Double C
• Banjo: Old-time D
• Banjo: Open D
• Fixed do solfège
• Northern European
Tuna Pitch was made by Lucius Kwok and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
• Now supports Dark Mode.
• Improved accessibility.
• Microphone access alert now links directly to the Settings app.
Ratings and Reviews
App needs better settings panel
Love the app but the persistent reminder that I don't have a mike plugged in to my iPod touch is unnecesary and annoying. I personally use the app to get me in the right pitch range for tuning a guitar, violin, ukelele & banjo in pitch pipe mode.
Should be able to simply tap the notice to make it go away or provide a setting to dissable the mike tuning feature for those that don't have built-in mikes. The settings would also be a lot nicer with a tumbler style selector.
I hope to see the notice go away in a future update. Otherwise, nicely done.
Great pun, great app , worth the $$$
I bought this app because (sorry, Charley) the free tuners were terrible and i figured that anyone corny enough to call his app "tuna pitch" must either be very creative or very full of mercury in his brain. Gamble paid off. Buy this one, stop here and delete the free tuner apps.
Tuner is consistently inaccurate
I have nine tuning forks comprising four different pitches. Some are pitch duplicates, e.g., five are A-440. All are high quality English or German made. My room temperature is consistent with the design standard for the forks, 20 degrees C. They are accurate, but this tuner app consistently reports that they are all about 0.3 hertz sharp. So the 440 forks for example all register 440.3 hertz on the tuner app. That, along with the hair trigger response of the tuner, always jumping around so that I find it difficult to read at all, even with tuning forks as a sound source, renders it useless to me. Therefore I can't recommend it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Felt Tip Inc.
- 10 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- © Felt Tip Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.