TunesArt is a great companion for iTunes and Spotify:
- Display album cover on your desktop (8 themes included)
- Customizable notifications on track change
- Last.fm / Twitter integration
- Display embedded lyrics, in a window or on your desktop
- Instantly search in your iTunes or Spotify library
- Global keyboard shortcuts to control iTunes or Spotify
- Tags manager (iTunes only)
- Get information about an artist
- Display track's name and ratings in menubar
- Many more features to discover...
Updated to work with macOS Mojave and dark mode!
- Improved support for dark mode in macOS Mojave
- Improved notification appearance
- Improved behavior for album cover on desktop
- Improved support for artworks in Spotify
- Fixed broken shortcuts for repeat and shuffle modes
- Fixed issues in Tags manager
- Fixed several other bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app, but has a bug
This has tons of features, and does exactly what I want. Display lyrics on the desktop being the main one. About the bug - when you hover over the artwork, it changes to buttons and has a time progress bar. The bug is that the bar always says that 3 seconds have transpired in the song. It used to work, so I don't know if it is a bug just in the latest version or if something on my computer is messed up. I've contacted Jibapps support but haven't heard back.
Old, outdated program that no longer works and should be removed from the AppStore.
Foolish me: bought it without noticing it only had one 5-ratinge from 4 years ago.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. The app has been updated few months ago and still works with iTunes, Spotify and latest version of macOS Mojave. If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us!
BEST iTunes Companion App
I've been using TunesArt for several years now and it is still my favorite app for controlling iTunes. I have used many, many apps for this and TunesArt does the best of everything for me. I love being able to control music, volume, ratings, etc with shortcuts and I LOVE being able to pull up lyrics at anytime. Controls in the menubar are useful as well. The search feature is very slick.
Those complaining about the lyric fetching don't seem to understand that it wasn't legal or following Apple's guidelines. Would you rather have the app completely pulled and not available for sale, or have a compltely awesome app without that one nice feature? I'm happy that the developer is doing what he needs to so that he can continue this awesome app.
My only complaint is that updates take a little too long. Bug fixes are few and far between. With an app like this, updates are needed quickly when new versions of iTunes are released. Even with the latest build, the shuffle and repeat shortcuts do not work.
- Jean-Baptiste ZEDDA
- 6.8 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019, Jibapps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.