Remove duplicates, clean, repair & export iTunes tracks.
TunesMechanic can solve the problems you have with your iTunes library by removing duplicates or broken links (recover gigabytes of storage space), deleting empty playlists or exporting songs.
It can also make iTunes run faster by cleaning caches, the Music folder or iOS update files. Besides repairing, TunesMechanic can help make your library look nicer by solving naming issues.
• Advanced duplicates remover: analyse, select and remove duplicated songs from your iTunes library (you can define what a duplicate is with properties like title, artist, album, genre, track duration, year, bit rate and sample rate)
• Remove dead links from your iTunes library (songs that do not have the original audio file in place)
• Remove all empty playlists
• Reset songs ratings
• Export tracks to your drive
• Word caps song details
• Remove extensions from song names
• Remove lyrics from track properties
• Remove unnecessary artwork files
• Remove iTunes cached files
• Remove iOS apps & update files
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
One problem that I found with the software is it can not tell the difference between a regular song version and a music video it consider them both the same type of file and you will lose one or the other if you are not carefull and check and play each song before you remove the duplicates
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your email.
Since the app usually deals with regular music files, indeed there is no sign to distinguish between them, but I will update the app soon to make this happen, so keep in touch.
Access to main (home) folder
App asks for prmition to core folder. Why? I can provide you Itunes folder access.
Worked Great for me!
I have been using TunesMechanic for over a year now, It has worked flawlessly and quickly.
I recently updated this mac to Catalina which has raised some issues with permissions. So...Works great as advertised unless you are using the beta OS Catalina.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.