Remove duplicates, clean, repair & export iTunes / Music tracks.
TunesMechanic can solve the problems you have with your iTunes / Music library by removing duplicates or broken links (recover gigabytes of storage space), deleting empty playlists or exporting songs.
It can also make iTunes / Music run faster by cleaning caches, the Music folder or iOS update files. Besides repairing, TunesMechanic can help make your library look nicer by solving naming issues.
• Advanced duplicates remover: analyse, select and remove duplicated songs from your iTunes / Music library (you can define what a duplicate is with properties like title, artist, album, genre, track duration, year, bit rate and sample rate)
• Remove dead links from your iTunes / Music library (songs that do not have the original audio file in place)
• Remove all empty playlists
• Reset songs ratings
• Export tracks to your drive
• Word caps song details
• Remove extensions from song names
• Remove lyrics from track properties
• Remove unnecessary artwork files
• Remove iTunes / Music cached files
• Remove iOS apps & update files
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One problem that I found with the software is it can not tell the difference between a regular song version and a music video it consider them both the same type of file and you will lose one or the other if you are not carefull and check and play each song before you remove the duplicates
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your email.
Since the app usually deals with regular music files, indeed there is no sign to distinguish between them, but I will update the app soon to make this happen, so keep in touch.
Make sure you have all the music in your iTunes folder in you users folder. If you have drop music from other drives they appear in your itunes but maynot have been copied to that folder. When you run the program it will not remove those files. Therefore you think the program is not working.
this has been pretty much, the first help ive found,
that doenst want to snag one into a subscription.
and Iam extremly frustrated with the Music app,
as all I have done is make it worse.
The instructions are simple, maybeeee too simple, for at least me, but thats my frustration ,
no fault of this.
iam stuck on figuring out "selecting items"
(toons tools) before I chose "run"
I know this app works, Iam just "getting it"
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.