Tungsten is the secure messenger you have been waiting for:
• End-to-end encryption. All messages are fully encrypted. Our servers never have access to the contents of your conversations.
• Tor-based messaging. Tungsten enables truly anonymous messaging using Tor.
• Multiple profiles. Manage multiple profiles within the same app. Profiles are fully isolated from each other.
• Tungsten Sync. Securely migrate your profiles to a new or additional device without exposing any data to the cloud using Apple’s Multipeer Connectivity Framework.
• Anonymous profiles. Create burner accounts for doing stuff online that are not linked to your phone number or email.
• Hide PIN. Unlock your phone with a special PIN and make your anonymous profiles temporary disappear. Useful when you are forced to hand over your phone!
• And all the features that you would expect from a secure messenger, like device management, the ability to verify contacts, a secure iOS Share Extension and more.
• Multiple platforms. Your messages are securely synced across all your devices so you never miss out on a conversation.
• Editing of messages.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter (@tungsten_labs) to receive news & product updates.
Improvements and Bugfixes
- Security updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has a clean interface. The messages sent in my first use were quickly delivered and images were also reasonably quick.
I've not pushed the real power of the app thus far, but for my initial use it scored and I'll not be readily deleting it.
Developer Response ,
We're happy to hear you're enjoying Tungsten so far!
Nice Start not ready yet
Improves on signal weakpoints that is requires no phone number, isolated identities and routes through TOR. The TOR option is what really sets it apart. However, its not ready for prime consumption:
1. Needs credible independent and comprehensive audit
2. Measaging interface is buggy.
3. Lacks transparency:
- how is data secured and stored at rest? does tungsten provide additional app level encryption? how? does it use elevated ios data protection class?
- self cleansing/deleting messaging feature is not available
- does the app have any embedded analytics. how loud is the app over networks is it pinging tungsten servers even when you dont use non-tor accounts? that would be a major breach of security esp such small user base should have option disable all non-tor traffic app-wide
- how it implements tor and does it use stream isolation between different accounts
- how the app in greater detail handles tor account notifications. notifications not so reliable on tor accounts.
anyway i hope this project continues and has great success. will update review as project evolves.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to review Tungsten. We address the issues you mention in our whitepaper. Have a look here https://tungstenapp.com/tungsten-whitepaper-v1.pdf and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions! We'll continue to improve our product and hope you give us another try.
Phone Number is Public?!
Hello! I use this app and a friend of
mine who also uses it noticed that my
phone number is publically shown! How do I get rid of this?
- Tungsten Labs UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 130.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Tungsten Labs UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.