TunnelBear: Secure VPN & Wifi 4+
Private Network Hotspot Proxy
- Offers In-App Purchases
TunnelBear VPN is a free, incredibly simple app to browse the Internet privately and securely.
The beautiful TunnelBear app protects your online privacy, lets you access your favourite websites & apps, and secures your connection on public WiFi hotspots.
Try TunnelBear for free with 500MB of browsing data every month. No credit card required. In-app purchases available for premium plans, which give you unlimited data.
WHAT DOES TUNNELBEAR DO?
Put simply, by using TunnelBear you can browse from anywhere with peace of mind knowing that your online activity is more private from hackers, ISPs, and advertisers.
HOW DOES TUNNELBEAR WORK?
TunnelBear VPN for iOS is a really simple app that encrypts your web browsing and data (making it unreadable) as it leaves your iPad or iPhone. It makes public Wi-Fi safe and secure, and also keeps your browsing private from ISPs. Websites and advertisers will have a more difficult time tracking your physical location and browsing across the Internet.
HOW CAN I TRUST TUNNELBEAR?
Your browsing habits are personal and shouldn't be trusted to just anyone. TunnelBear is proud to be the first VPN service in the world to be independently audited by a 3rd party. You can feel confident that we deliver on our promise to secure your data.
• One-tap connect: App so simple, a bear could use it
• Trustworthy: Along with a strict no-logging policy, we're the only consumer VPN app to have completed a 3rd party, public security audit
• No logging. Your browsing stays private
• Grizzly-grade security: TunnelBear uses strong AES-256 bit encryption by default. Weaker encryption isn't even an option
• Global VPN network: With servers in 22+ countries and lightning-fast speeds, access the websites and apps you love. Anytime, anywhere
• Helpful support that always responds within 24 hours
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING
"TunnelBear is an elegant, easy mobile VPN that keeps you safe."
"The app is bursting with charm, but it also delivers security at a good price."
"All you have to do is turn the switch to "ON" and you are protected."
"TunnelBear, the gorgeous VPN app that wants to bring online privacy to everyone."
• Subscribe on a monthly or annual basis to receive unlimited data for the duration of the subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Is your TunnelBear misbehaving? Do you have feedback for us? Do you have a cool fact about bears to share? Contact our support team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visited the cleaners. Some design improvements for a sleeker, cooler Bear.
- Bear filing system improved. You can now search for the tunnel you want to connect to with our new country search feature.
- VigilantBear available for iOS! Your Bear will now block all traffic during those brief moments when you switch networks or your connection drops.
- Bear fired from Twitter. Say goodbye to bonus data flows and say hello to an increased default data limit.
- Ate a few bugs.
- 12% more bears.
Ratings and Reviews
The new map/map colors are weird... and why it crashes?
So, been successfully and proudly using Tunnel Bear for years now, minor hiccups here and there, got used to how it works but now since the recent update of few days ago like June 19th or 18th 2019 where supposedly there are redesigned maps (..) it crashes..like I open the app, the weird color (in my opinion awful..) map appear, there's a sheep now in the middle of nowhere, I click on connect, the map turn of bright colors again, the sheep turns to a bear and everything is working smoothly. Then after a while I want to get back to the app and it simply crashes. It won't open anymore so that in order to disconnect for instance I had to literally delete it from my iPhone and install that again... Mh...
why is that?
Fix this annoying bug please... and maybe I get that the "visual of a no-color map" turning bright when you're connected and "dark" again when not, might be appealing but I don't personally like that :-/
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Thanks for the review! Sorry for the issues with the new version (although, I'm not aware of any major color changes to the map). Can you get in touch at tunnelbear.com/support so we can troubleshoot both of these issues for you? Thanks!
Terrible VPN, terrible support.
This VPN has never worked properly since I’d purchased it in February. The biggest issue being it doesn’t allow communication from my five iOS devices and two Mac OS devices to Google search engine. And customer service is pretty much redundant. You know, “is the app current?” or “did you turn it off and turn it back on again?” Okay, the latter is something Apple does. Be advised that TunnelBear does not refund one bloody zinc Abe’s head (US) for this alleged VPN. They politely guide you to Apple, and Apple has become the largest money grubbing, fraudulent, don’t give one half a care about their customers. So one has to fill out the “report a problem” on the Apple site. And, suspiciously, at least in my case, the “refund” portion is greyed out. And then Apple responds with brilliant links to forums, etc. Gosh, why didn’t I think of that? I asked Apple to stop jerking me around and refund my $63 and some odd cents USD. I was told it would have to be elevated to the BoD because, clearly, Apple and their crony developers need the money.
EDIT: As suspected, Apple denied my refund request.
As far as TunnelBear goes, I just tried opening a .PDF email attachment and after 15-20 seconds, I was greeted with the all too familiar “no connection” banner. This happens when TB is active. Turn off TB and BAM! The doc opened immediately.
No sense in contacted TB no-support.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Sorry to hear you ran into issues. We have multiple troubleshooting steps but we do start with very basic ones as that is how troubleshooting is conducted. If you continue to follow instructions, we'd provide further more advanced troubleshooting steps and escalate the issue if needed. That said unfortunately no developer on the Apple iOS store can provide a refund (trust me, we'd love to have the ability to do so). If you had issues getting a refund from Apple, let us know and we can provide instructions for getting in touch directly with an Apple agent to process a refund for you.
[update] Love it! Latest update w/iOS 11 stopped auto connect
The company responded to my concern within about 24 hours, very timely, especially over the weekend. They informed me that they were aware of the issue and a fix was already in place, pushed to an update: 2.7.1. I updated and voila! it appears to have been resolved. Thanks for your positive and timely response! Very happy with the performance of the app, as well as the ethics and care from this company so far.
I absolutely love TunnelBear. After researching a ton of VPNs and their behaviors and perks, I decided upon TB. No logging. Excellent encryption. Auto connect. No speed loss that I’ve noticed.
I only have one gripe with the latest update / move to iOS 11. The VPN never seems to auto connect anymore. Every time either the device loses or sleeps the connection, or switches between cellular and WiFi, TunnelBear disconnects and never attempts to reconnect like it used to.
Please fix this. It’s now incredibly frustrating to have to manually go to the app to reconnect to VPN every time this happens. And it happens way more often than I thought or ever noticed. Thanks.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! We're extremely sorry about this! It appears that our latest version had a pesky bug in it that prevents TunnelBear from automatically reconnecting when the connection is lost. We do however have a fix for it - please download the latest version of 2.7.1. If you run into any issues contact our support bears directly at tunnelbear.com/support
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TunnelBear, LLC
- 125.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 TunnelBear, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Giant Tunnelbear $9.99
- Giant $7.99
- Grizzly Tunnelbear $59.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices $6.99
- Grizzly $49.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices $49.99