TunnelBear VPN is a free, incredibly simple app to browse the Internet privately and securely.
The beautiful TunnelBear app protects your online privacy, lets you access your favourite websites & apps, and secures your connection on public WiFi hotspots.
Try TunnelBear for free with 500MB of browsing data every month. No credit card required. In-app purchases available for premium plans, which give you unlimited data.
WHAT DOES TUNNELBEAR DO?
Put simply, by using TunnelBear you can browse from anywhere with peace of mind knowing that your online activity is more private from hackers, ISPs, and advertisers.
HOW DOES TUNNELBEAR WORK?
TunnelBear VPN for iOS is a really simple app that encrypts your web browsing and data (making it unreadable) as it leaves your iPad or iPhone. It makes public Wi-Fi safe and secure, and also keeps your browsing private from ISPs. Websites and advertisers will have a more difficult time tracking your physical location and browsing across the Internet.
HOW CAN I TRUST TUNNELBEAR?
Your browsing habits are personal and shouldn't be trusted to just anyone. TunnelBear is proud to be the first VPN service in the world to be independently audited by a 3rd party. You can feel confident that we deliver on our promise to secure your data.
• One-tap connect: App so simple, a bear could use it
• Trustworthy: Along with a strict no-logging policy, we're the only consumer VPN app to have completed a 3rd party, public security audit
• No logging. Your browsing stays private
• Grizzly-grade security: TunnelBear uses strong AES-256 bit encryption by default. Weaker encryption isn't even an option
• Global VPN network: With servers in 22+ countries and lightning-fast speeds, access the websites and apps you love. Anytime, anywhere
• Helpful support that always responds within 24 hours
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING
"TunnelBear is an elegant, easy mobile VPN that keeps you safe."
"The app is bursting with charm, but it also delivers security at a good price."
"All you have to do is turn the switch to "ON" and you are protected."
"TunnelBear, the gorgeous VPN app that wants to bring online privacy to everyone."
• Subscribe on a monthly or annual basis to receive unlimited data for the duration of the subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Is your TunnelBear misbehaving? Do you have feedback for us? Do you have a cool fact about bears to share? Contact our support team – email@example.com
In this release:
- Ever wondered, "Am I connected?" Then wonder no more! Your Bear will announce "Connection secured", every time you tunnel.
- Your Bear will notify you if you hit your data cap and show you what to do to re-secure your connection.
- Some Bears have been put on a diet, so you should notice better battery life when using TunnelBear.
- 18 Bears added with this release.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
[update] Love it! Latest update w/iOS 11 stopped auto connect
The company responded to my concern within about 24 hours, very timely, especially over the weekend. They informed me that they were aware of the issue and a fix was already in place, pushed to an update: 2.7.1. I updated and voila! it appears to have been resolved. Thanks for your positive and timely response! Very happy with the performance of the app, as well as the ethics and care from this company so far.
I absolutely love TunnelBear. After researching a ton of VPNs and their behaviors and perks, I decided upon TB. No logging. Excellent encryption. Auto connect. No speed loss that I’ve noticed.
I only have one gripe with the latest update / move to iOS 11. The VPN never seems to auto connect anymore. Every time either the device loses or sleeps the connection, or switches between cellular and WiFi, TunnelBear disconnects and never attempts to reconnect like it used to.
Please fix this. It’s now incredibly frustrating to have to manually go to the app to reconnect to VPN every time this happens. And it happens way more often than I thought or ever noticed. Thanks.
Developer Response ,
Rawr! We're extremely sorry about this! It appears that our latest version had a pesky bug in it that prevents TunnelBear from automatically reconnecting when the connection is lost. We do however have a fix for it - please download the latest version of 2.7.1. If you run into any issues contact our support bears directly at tunnelbear.com/support
The new map/map colors are weird... and why it crashes?
So, been successfully and proudly using Tunnel Bear for years now, minor hiccups here and there, got used to how it works but now since the recent update of few days ago like June 19th or 18th 2019 where supposedly there are redesigned maps (..) it crashes..like I open the app, the weird color (in my opinion awful..) map appear, there's a sheep now in the middle of nowhere, I click on connect, the map turn of bright colors again, the sheep turns to a bear and everything is working smoothly. Then after a while I want to get back to the app and it simply crashes. It won't open anymore so that in order to disconnect for instance I had to literally delete it from my iPhone and install that again... Mh...
why is that?
Fix this annoying bug please... and maybe I get that the "visual of a no-color map" turning bright when you're connected and "dark" again when not, might be appealing but I don't personally like that :-/
Developer Response ,
Rawr! Thanks for the review! Sorry for the issues with the new version (although, I'm not aware of any major color changes to the map). Can you get in touch at tunnelbear.com/support so we can troubleshoot both of these issues for you? Thanks!
Affordable, fast, and user friendly.
The title pretty much sums it up. I am not a techy nor am I 100% technologically challenged. I live on the internet, but not doing anything that requires Tor or anything that I don’t even pretend to understand the meaning or function of. If you want fast affordable and easy to use protection simply because it is nobody’s business what you are doing on the internet or where you are while you are doing it, then TunnelBear is the VPN for you. I used the free version to begin with, just to check it out. Worked great but kept dropping signal. I signed up for the Grizzly account for a year the beginning of December 2018 and never looked back. Highly recommend.
Update December 2019: I renewed my Grizzly subscription through TunnelBear directly instead of Paypal. Hasn't worked correctly since. Causes iphone XR to drop wifi when it is connected, but most of the time it disconnects. I've contacted vustomer support.. we'll see.
- TunnelBear, LLC
- 59.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 TunnelBear, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Giant $7.99
- Grizzly $49.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.