File 100% FREE with Live Expert help with TurboTax Live Assisted Basic. For simple returns only, see if you qualify. Must file by 3/31.
File confidently with America's #1 tax prep provider. Each year, we help more people file their taxes than all other online tax prep providers combined, and get their maximum refund, guaranteed. Join the millions who file with TurboTax today.
FILE YOUR OWN TAXES WITH CONFIDENCE
• $0 Fed, $0 State, $0 to File with Free Edition for simple tax returns only. See if you qualify* (1)
• With TurboTax, you can be confident your taxes are done right and you'll get every dollar you deserve. We make filing your own taxes simple, no matter what your situation.
FILE WITH EXPERT HELP
• TurboTax Live Assisted - Taxes done right, with experts by your side. Get advice from tax experts who can help you finish your taxes error-free, review your return at the end, and guarantee you'll get every dollar you deserve.
• TurboTax Live Full Service - We'll do your taxes and find every dollar you deserve. When your Full Service expert does your taxes, they'll only sign and file when they know it's 100% correct and you're getting the best outcome possible, guaranteed.
• Simply tap to chat or talk live with tax experts on demand. Live bilingual experts available.
• Get up to $4,000, no loan fees, 0% APR. IRS accepts returns starting late-Jan. Acceptance times vary and could take up to a day. Most receive funds within 15 minutes of acceptance. Terms Apply. Loan details and disclosures: https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/
• Maximum Refund Guaranteed - On Average $2,815.
• Our calculations are 100% accurate on your tax return, or we'll pay any IRS penalties
• We search 350+ tax deductions - we'll find every tax deduction and credits to boost your tax refund
• You could get your refund up to 5 days early when you file with TurboTax and deposit your refund into a Credit Karma Money™ checking account. 5-Day early program may change or discontinue at any time. Restrictions apply.
• Before you file, CompleteCheck™ will run an in-depth scan of your return and guide you through any final changes so you don't miss a thing with accuracy guaranteed.
• Snap. Tap. Done. Import, upload, and snap photos of your W-2, 1099, and 1098 forms, answer simple questions about your life, and e-file securely.
1. TurboTax Free Edition and TurboTax Live Full Service Basic available for simple tax returns only. For more details and to see if you qualify: https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/mobile-apps/turbotax-disclosures/ Intuit reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time.
2. TurboTax Live Assisted Basic is for simple tax returns only. Not all taxpayers qualify. Must file by March 31, 2023 to be eligible for the offer. Includes state(s) and one (1) federal tax filing. Intuit reserves the right to modify or terminate this TurboTax Live Assisted Basic Offer at any time for any reason. If you add services, your service fees will be adjusted accordingly. If filed after March 31, 2023 you will be charged the then-current list price for TurboTax Live Assisted Basic and state tax filing is an additional fee. See current prices here.
3. 100% Accurate Expert-Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax tax expert made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer, we'll pay you the penalty and interest. Limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details: https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/online
4. If you choose to pay your tax preparation fee with TurboTax using your federal tax refund or if you choose to take the Refund Advance loan, you will not be eligible to receive your refund up to 5 days early. 5-day early program may change or discontinue at any time. Up to 5 days early access to your federal tax refund is compared to standard tax refund electronic deposit and is dependent on and subject to IRS submitting refund information to the bank before release date. IRS may not submit refund information early.
The IRS e-file is now open! Leave your taxes to us. Have an expert file for you or do it yourself. File today with TurboTax and get your max refund, guaranteed.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy Breezy Beautiful; TurboTax
I can not advocate for this app enough! Taxes and money are so wild and most people just don’t even bother because of that, but you literally get money back 90% of the
time! I’m 20 and don’t know anything about finances but all I had to do was take a pic of my w2’s and answer simple dumbed down questions like if I’m married or what state I live in. Also if something doesn’t make sense, they have little information bubbles you can click next to almost everything to make it make sense. I’ve been doing taxes like this for years and seriously recommend it to everybody I know especially my age when there’s not too many complications and write-offs. Also if you link it to a Credit Karma account you get it faster. I was nervous at first to do this because it seems like a whole other bank account, but I use the Credit Karma visa once a year when my tax return goes there and you can also transfer it to your personal bank if you’d like :)
10/10 get this app! Also their customer service is outstanding and if there are ever any issues there are multiple ways to reach out and have things corrected! Additionally, you’re not sending anything anywhere until you actually review and sign everything which is so nice because the IRS scares me and I’m always scared of making errors on these forms. If anything looks wrong, the app will let you know. File your taxes this year kids <3
Developer Response ,
Hi there. We appreciate you reaching out. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying our app and that it has made your tax filing experience more manageable. Our goal is to make taxes less stressful for everyone, and it is wonderful to hear that we have achieved that with you. Thank you for choosing TurboTax and for being a valued customer! - Mary
Payment “not processed” - double charged
I have the mobile app. It shows it was free in the beginning. At the end it basically gave me no option but to pay, which I have no problem with. It turned into $40 to $120. I was okay with it because they changed me owing $260 on my taxes to only $11 so I expected to pay close to that amount anyway. I end up asking to take from my refund returns and it showed they would do so for $40 extra dollars. I’m at this point getting irritated but choose to go through with it. It kept sending me to the payment option although I wanted it taken from my refund. I then got frustrated and reverse the payment option with just paying with my credit card. After putting in my credit card, it started processing then shows the page had no connection. I said “okay let me try again”. I did it again, same thing happened. Now I go to my discover app and it shows TurboTax charged me TWICE but on the TurboTax app it shows the payment hadn’t processed at all. I’m beyond irritated with Turbo Tax. I’ve tried to get in contact with customer service line - received no call back. I’m frustrated and will never do my taxes on this app again. If I don’t receive my refund soon, I will be contacting my lawyers.
Baiting and switching product fees
“Free to file” is a great slogan for this product. The act of federal filing may be free, but along the way of using the app, you will be charged for certain tax situations. Made contributions towards a retirement plan (401k, IRA)? You must use the TurboTax Premium ($). Have stocks and sold any? You must use TurboTax Premium Plus ($$). Have a question about something on the form? You have to upgrade for Live Tax Advice ($$). Need to also file state taxes? You just purchase the state option ($).
If there is a bug in the app, I’ve no idea how to proceed. I found it impossible to report the issue through the app itself. And there was nowhere that explains what to do if the user experiences a problem with the app itself. The only help options built-in are for live tax advice or searching FAQ/forums.
They do try to make things easy. But they also upcharge you along the way. It is still cheaper than going to a tax professional, however at least there you have an expert who can answer the questions directly. So if you have any “uncommon” tax situations (retirement plans or stock brokerage accounts), I would recommend going to a tax professional over using this software.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intuit Inc.
- 376.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Intuit Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.