America's #1 Tax Prep Provider - over 40 million returns were prepared last year with TurboTax.
TAXES REDEFINED. From do it yourself to we do it for you, the choice is yours.
FILE YOUR OWN TAXES
• $0 Fed, $0 State, $0 to File with Free Edition for simple tax returns only.(1)
• We make doing your own taxes easy. Start for free - pay only when you file your tax return or pay for TurboTax using your federal tax refund. Fees apply.(2)
FILE WITH EXPERT HELP
• Free! TurboTax Live Basic with Expert Review. Simple returns only. File by 3/27.(3)
• Talk live on screen with a real tax expert for unlimited tax advice and an expert final review before you file with TurboTax Live.
• NEW this year, connect with a dedicated expert who'll do your taxes for you—start to finish. You can be 100% confident your return is done right, guaranteed.(4)
GET STARTED EASILY
• Snap. Tap. Done. Snap a photo of your W-2, answer simple questions about your life, and e-file securely from your iPhone or iPad.
• Get your taxes done right anytime from anywhere. Seamlessly switch between your devices and securely pick up right where you left off when it's convenient for you.
• Up to a 50% head start on your taxes with year-over-year data transfer of your prior TurboTax return.
• Face ID, Touch ID and Passcode - Get secure access on your mobile device using the latest technology.
• Maximum Refund Guaranteed - On Average $3,267.
• TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and automatically verifies as you go, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
• ExplainWhy™ - Understand the “why” behind your tax refund, in a tap.
• CompleteCheck™ – Get the green light to file. Before you file, CompleteCheck™ will run an in-depth scan of your return and guide you through any final changes so you don’t miss a thing with accuracy guaranteed.
• Support when you need it - Access TurboTax support to get all your questions answered. Available in English and Spanish.
• Personalized home page - A single place to view your progress, track your return status, and get access to tax tip articles on life events, deductions, and much more.
• Track your return status with push notifications - We'll make it easy to stay informed about your e-file return status with notifications sent straight to your phone or tablet.
See full disclosure and disclaimers here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/mobile-apps/turbotax-disclosures/
1 TurboTax Free Guarantee – $0 Federal + $0 State + $0 To File offer is available for simple tax returns only with TurboTax Free Edition; a simple tax return Form 1040 only OR Form 1040 + Unemployment income. Offer may change or end at any time without notice.
2 TurboTax pricing is based on your tax situation and varies by product. Actual prices are determined at the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Special discount offers may not be valid for mobile in-app purchases.
3 Offer only available with TurboTax Live Basic and for simple tax returns only. Must file by March 27, 2021 to be eligible for the offer. Includes state(s) and one (1) federal tax filing. Intuit reserves the right to modify or terminate this TurboTax Live Basic Offer at any time for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion. If you add services, your service fees will be adjusted accordingly. If filed after March 27, 2021, you will be charged the then-current list price for TurboTax Live Basic and state tax filing is an additional fee.
4 100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a tax expert or CPA made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
If TurboTax is a candy heart, this release might be the sweetest one yet. There's a fresh new digital assistant for getting help as you go, it will give you smarter/faster answers, and will even listen to your voice. Also new stimulus, unemployment, and other content added to the tax articles tab. And an app switch added to let you easily jump to Credit Karma!
Also new this year:
* A whole new option to get your taxes done – by connecting with your own dedicated tax expert who'll do your taxes for you, start-to-finish, so you can be 100% confident your return is done right.
* More easy ways to add your forms: Snap a photo of your 1099-INT, 1099-NEC, 1098, 1098-T. Direct import for 1098. Upload for 1099-INT, 1099-R, 1098.
* Personalized homepage dashboard to view your return progress, return amount, and easily jump to tax topics
* Bottom navigation with access to document storage, tax tip articles, and app settings
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hasn’t failed me yet!!!
I could use other services that are free to veterans like me, but they don’t have itemization I’m looking for or certain things I need to write off. Like my company car expenses and uniforms. I also had to repay my first time homebuyers loan from 2008. Glad that’s over now! Turbo Tax had all the forms I needed. Yes I did have to upgrade to use the provided forms but it was a lot more affordable than what H&R Block, Jackson-Hewlett, and Liberty were charging me.
This year I was happy I could scan my W’s. I work in government contracting so I actually had 3 W’s last year and a 1099 as well. Definitely easier to do, rather than typing everything out. I love that than can import tax info from ADP as well. If anyone uses ADP, definitely go through Turbo tax. No, I don’t work for them, nor are they paying me. I’m just giving my good and honest review. It’s kinda demeaning when you go to a tax servicer and get a $300 return on federal and like 200 on state and you get charged $250 to file. That’s why I’m boasting this app. I paid a decent price and got my biggest return in 20 years since I’ve been working and that’s filing single/head of household.
Hope everyone has a good tax experience this year. !
Not free, no help when the IRS sends a letter, and still waiting for refund four months later
I used the TurboTax app to file my refund in early February. The app was relatively easy to use, but it did get old going in circles sometimes. Unfortunately, the free option really is not usable. If you have to file state taxes like just about everyone, then you will have to pay $40 per state. If you’re a college student in another state like me, that means two states so $80. Of course, no student discount. Honestly, that was not too bad since I was supposed to get a lot back.
Unfortunately, that was not what happened. I did get some from one the state returns, but that was it. The IRS sent a letter for a health insurance form that didn’t even apply to me. If you want help with that, guess what? It will cost you even more money! At that point, I wasn’t paying TurboTax any more so I went off on my own. Eventually I got it figured out, but not without massive disruption to my school work. None of that help was thanks to TurboTax which sends you to FAQs that don’t really apply.
They have online discussions which appear to have many people with the same problem. This program is made to look easy- and it is at first- but the headache it causes later is not worth it. Never had trouble like this with H&R Block so I think I’ll go back to them next year. Whatever you do, don’t use TurboTax. It is seriously not worth it. Still waiting for that federal tax refund BTW.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed review of your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we would like to help you address the concerns you've shared. All of our customers begin with our Free Edition. If your tax situation requires additional forms that are only supported in a higher version of TurboTax, you will need to be upgraded in order for us to maximize deductions and handle any additional tax-filing responsibilities. To learn more, please go here: https://intuit.me/38dKY1b Please keep in mind that any additional services, such as the Refund Processing Service, can also contribute to your overall charge. If you wish to review your charges, please follow the steps outlined here https://intuit.me/2tMtaLL.
Our support webpage, TurboTax Real Money Talk Community, contains many different articles reflecting the most current changes in tax laws and requirements. For the letter you've received from the IRS about your health insurance, I'd like to share that this can differ for each individual depending on their specifics and you can learn more about that here: https://intuit.me/2SYRrbf
I understand this year did not go the way we had wanted. We understand your time is valuable and appreciate your review of our response today. I hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.
Annoyed, frustrated, disappointed
The last two years I had to have my taxes prepared elsewhere, but for more than a decade before that, I used TurboTax and was always really happy at the ease, convenience, and minimal cost, so I didn’t think twice about returning this year!
TurboTax used to cost $0 to maybe $40 a couple of years ago. Now the service they advertise in this app as “free” cost me $125 total (although they have not presented me with a receipt or a way to verify this as of yet, so who know what it will be down the line!). The worst part is they weren’t open about the charges along the way or remind you of your costs or what certain tools you have to purchase, so if you work on and return to your return, good luck remembering why you’re being charged for anything! They also don’t openly present alternative cheaper methods, they present the option like you don’t have a choice while still advertising FREE (I did not want, need, or choose PREMIUM SERVICES but somehow ended up paying $40 for it), they don’t let you change your mind or adjust your “order”, and I still don’t have a receipt to verify anything, nor is the information present in the app to verify.
Proceed with extreme caution. EXTREMELY disappointed with the cost of TurboTax this year and will think twice about using them in the future.
Developer Response ,
We hear your frustrations. Our team is dedicated to making constant improvements and preventing future challenges. While the price increase may seem like a challenge, upgrading your TurboTax product ensures that our service is better suiting your needs. Our mission is to provide you with the accuracy you deserve for every tax season. We value your data & that is why I ask you to reach out to TurboTax support on Facebook, Twitter or email us here at Social_We_Care@intuit.com regarding your receipt for this purchase.
-TurboTax Care Team
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intuit Inc.
- 238.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Intuit Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.