Using speech recognition (iOS 10 or later), quickly build a spelling test from your own weekly school words. Record them in one stretch. Sit back and watch as they are recognized into text. It’s easy and fun!
Then play the test, rich with options. Seeing, hearing and writing your words will help you succeed in school tests. An amimo character (from French "ami" [friend] and "mots" [words]) says words of encouragement.
And finally, track your progress. See the results of your last three tests, individually for each word. Earn a shining star.
Alternatively, play one of four games using your words: hangman-style, crossword, word search and word shuffle.
Includes one sample group to get you started.
TurboWords lets you:
• Record as many words as you need.
• Enter or edit the text of the words.
• Re-order, delete or re-record your words.
• Create up to eight groups of words (lists). An unlimited number of groups can be purchased as a one-time in-app purchase, at a minimal cost.
• Receive and import groups created with TurboWords Parent/Teacher Edition.
• Play words sequentially or randomly, using your recorded voice or a synthesized voice.
• Type the words. Or write them on paper.
• Have instant feedback at each keystroke! Letters highlight green or red.
• Use a Hint button, if you’re stuck, pressing this button will reveal the next letter.
• Pronounce the word as you type each keystroke, if you wish.
• Go forward and backwards.
• Set a time limit, so that the next word is automatically played back, after a number of seconds that you set.
• Take partial tests.
• Focus on the words you have difficulty with, by excluding succeeded words from a spelling test.
• See the results of your test.
• Correct words.
• See a positive-reinforcement star, red and green lights showing your progress as you learn.
• Send test results by email.
• Play Not Hangman while improving your literacy.
• Solve the crossword puzzle.
• Beat your high score in animated Word Shuffle game.
• Solve the word search puzzle.
Steps to use the app:
1. Add a group for your words.
2. Record your words.
3. Take the spelling test.
4. Correct the test.
You will find contextual help on every screen. Portrait and landscape modes are supported. A multi-user option can be purchased. It allows multiple users on the same device. Users can be created with their name and photo. Each user have their own groups of words.
Featuring the first Amimo, an animal character displayed during the spelling test.
The first letter of typed words will be in lowercase, from now on.
The star in the spelling test in now centered.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works great for my 7 year old
I am starting to do spelling with my 7 year old homeschooled child and he learns really well with this app. Every app could always be better, but this is sufficient for my child and he likes to play and learn his weekly spelling words!
"Not Hangman" fun for group play
Like the format with the apples falling off the tree. Perhaps a little less threatening than hanging a cartoon character. Word list entry a bit kludgy, but progresses nicely once you get the hang of it. Entering words like "Jerusalem" and "Pharisees" requires editing the word manually to ensure correct spelling. I think there are more apples on the tree than necessary, or at least it would be nice to have an option to change the number of apples to make the game harder. Would like to be able to reset the high score as well. All in all a very solid alternative to traditional hangman.
Developer Response ,
We're happy that you like our app! We currently are implementing your suggestions.
I’m not very far into using this app yet, but it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for in a spelling app! I’m really excited to become a better speller and I really think this app will be perfect!
- Claude Labelle
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Claude Labelle
- In-App Purchases
- Multi-User $0.99
- Unlimited Groups $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.