Using speech recognition (iOS10 or later), quickly build a spelling test from your own weekly school words. Record them in one stretch. Sit back and watch as they are recognized into text. It’s easy and fun!
Then play the test, rich with options. Seeing, hearing and writing your words will help you succeed in school tests. An amimo character (from French "ami" [friend] and "mots" [words]) says words of encouragement.
And finally, track your progress. See the results of your last three tests, individually for each word. Earn a shining star.
Alternatively, play one of four games using your words: hangman-style, crossword, word search and word shuffle.
Includes one sample group to get you started.
TurboWords lets you:
• Record as many words as you need.
• Enter or edit the text of the words.
• Re-order, delete or re-record your words.
• Create as many groups of words (lists) as you need.
• Receive and import groups created with TurboWords Parent/Teacher Edition.
• Add multiple students, with name and photo, each with their own groups and settings.
• Play words sequentially or randomly, using your recorded voice or a synthesized voice.
• Type the words. Or write them on paper.
• Have instant feedback at each keystroke! Letters highlight green or red.
• Use a Hint button, if you’re stuck, pressing this button will reveal the next letter.
• Pronounce the word as you type each keystroke, if you wish.
• Go forward and backwards.
• Set a time limit, so that the next word is automatically played back, after a number of seconds that you set.
• Take partial tests.
• Focus on the words you have difficulty with, by excluding succeeded words from a spelling test.
• See the results of your test.
• Correct words.
• Earn a positive-reinforcement star.
• See red and green lights showing your progress as you learn.
• Send test results by email.
• Play Not Hangman while improving your literacy.
• Solve the crossword puzzle.
• Beat your high score in animated Word Shuffle game.
• Solve the word search puzzle.
Steps to use the app:
1. Add a group for your words.
2. Record your words.
3. Take the spelling test.
4. Correct the test.
You will find contextual help on every screen. Portrait and landscape modes are supported.
- Split view on iPad and some iPhone in landscape
- Dark mode
- Print group and test results
- Many small improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.