The app is designed to calculate the number of turns when winding an inductor (inductance coil). A MAGNET SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO THE ROTATING PART. The app (by means of the built-in smartphone magnetic field sensor) determines the number of rotations of the magnet and, therefore, the number of coil turns. It is also possible to determine the rotation of a smartphone without using the magnet (e.g., when winding a large coil).
BEFORE TAKING ANY MEASUREMENTS, IT IS NECESSARY TO CALIBRATE THE MAGNETOMETER. To do this, you need to put the smartphone at the selected place (where measurements will be taken), make sure that there is no magnet nearby, and press the TOP "0" button.
To reset the number of turns, press the DOWN "0" button TWO TIMES.
• Selection of the magnetometer axis.
• Sensitivity setting (threshold level).
• Alert on reaching the required number of turns.
• Notification about each addition of a certain number of turns. For example, a beep after adding every 15 turns. To do this, click on the button with the bell and write down the line "+15!!" (without spaces). The number of exclamation marks ("!") is used to select the sound signal. Can be from 0 to 5 exclamation marks.
• Countdown. Write a negative number for the countdown.
• A photo with the result of the measurement written on it.
• Maximum rotation speed: 1000 rpm (16 Hz). AVOID HIGH ROTATIONAL SPEEDS, BECAUSE THE MAGNET CAN COME OFF AND BREAK THE SMARTPHONE.
• Measurement of rotation speed (0-1000 RPM, ±2%).
DO NOT USE VERY LARGE MAGNETS. THEY ARE VERY INCONVENIENT TO USE AND CAN BREAK ANYTHING OR INJURE YOU.
• Notification about each addition of a certain number of turns. For example, a beep after adding every 15 turns.
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding! Exactly what U was looking for.
I wind guitar pickups and needed a turns counter that could handle 100+ RPM. This more than does the trick. Well worth the $1.99 upgrade to get the additional features. Great job and thank you!
Sherline Lathe Coil Winding
I evaluated this application on a Sherline Lathe with a magnet attached to 3-jaw chuck. Works excellent! I recommend adding to the software an RPM indication. This would provide dual purpose. Great job! I also have the Vibration Analysis application - another wonderful tool.
Coil turns smart phone counter App.
So far this app does all what I need and I like it .
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dmitriy Kharutskiy
- 1.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Dmitriy Kharutskiy
- In-App Purchases
- Full version $1.99