TV Cast for Fire TV® 17+
Best Movie Stream Browser App
Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Watch webvideos, online movies, live tv streams and your personal photos, videos & music on your Amazon Fire TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen.
With Video & TV Cast you can browse through the web and stream any video you want on your Amazon Fire TV (movies, tv shows, sports, music and more). Just navigate to your favorite website and send the embedded video with a single tap to your Amazon Fire TV. The discovered video will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will send it to your Amazon Fire TV immediately. Streaming personal media from your device is also supported.
>>> Important Notes
* The app only works with a Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a video is not working at all, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: A remote control that allows you to fast forward or rewind videos while browsing. It syncs across all your iPads & iPhones that are connected to the same Fire TV. So your video can be controlled by different users in the same room.
* Personal Media: Cast unlimited personal photos, videos and music directly from your device or from cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Countless websites have been reported to us and we already support more than 90% of all videos on the internet. But still we know that things can get even better. Your feedback and priorities will drive our work ahead, and you’ll see new features and more supported websites in our next app updates.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Amazon or any other trademark mentioned here. This app was not created or endorsed by Amazon.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for a few years, it’s the best of its kind that I’ve come across.
The reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because sometimes I’ll have trouble connecting and I’ll have to restart my fire stick and phone, and even then it sometimes won’t remedy the problem (this doesn’t happen terribly often).
Also, lately when I’ve been pausing my video the screen will go black, then when I unpause it the aspect ratio is completely distorted, which is super annoying because I’ll have to restart the whole video and fast forward back to where I was.
Also, if you’re watching something with subtitles and they’re not embedded in the video you won’t be able to use them.
But unless you’re pausing a bunch of foreign films this shouldn’t be too much of an issue, it’s definitely worth the download. I’ve been consistently using it for like 3 or 4 years.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app.
(1) Connection issue:
Please make sure that the energy-saving mode of your phone is not activated (the battery percentage of your iOS device should ideally be above 30%). This can lead to incorrect transmission. Please note that issues may occur during an update process of Fire TV. You can check if this is the case as follows: Settings ➨ My Fire TV ➨ About ➨ "Downloading update". Does any of this solve the issue?
(2) Aspect Ration issue:
Could you send us screenshots or a short video clip showing the issue to email@example.com? Please also send us the link(s) to the affected video(s) and a short description of the issue. This will help us to reproduce and fix the issue. Thank you very much in advance.
We understand that you are missing the subtitles feature. We will put it on our roadmap for the upcoming updates.
If you have any other issues/questions, just let us know. We also look forward to your feedback on issues number 1 and 2. We'd love to hear from you.
Works but costs
I didn’t download this app because I cut the cord or something. I downloaded it to view my movie projects on my fire stick without having to download it to my phone and lose precious phone storage. Except, this app forces you to pay for a lot of basic functions like scrubbing the video. I’ve found that this app will stop at a certain point during playback without fail, forcing you to watch the movie from the beginning which can be time consuming and extremely frustrating. If you want to be able to resume playback you’ll have to pay for the scrubbing function but I suspect as soon as you pay for that, the video won’t suddenly stop more than halfway through your video - making your purchase almost useless.
I wouldn’t suggest using this app if you’re going to be watching movies because it will almost always suddenly stop working during the movie and force you to either buy the scrubbing function or start your movie over from the beginning. Unless you want to pay for those things. If you’re just trying to use it for free like me, it’s best to use it for videos 30mins or less.
Great app when it works.
This is the second version of this app I have tried. The one for the chrome cast works flawlessly and I cannot recommend highly enough. I've only had the fire TV stick and this app for a little over a month and it's spotty at best. The first issue I had with it wasn't even performance related but rather that you had to pay extra for the video progress bar. That was free with the chrome version and without it all you have is play and pause control. Now to the performance issues. It doesn't connect about 50% of the time, even after restarting the app on my phone and the fire stick or restarting the fire stick all together. I've only had this issue once or twice in over 3 years of use with the Chromecast. I don't know if this is a hardware issue in that the Chromecast is a better product with better comparability for third party app integration or what. Very disappointed with the Fire stick version.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 50.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Local Videos $2.99
- Desktop Mode $2.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze) $0.99
- Bookmarks $2.99
- Change Homepage $2.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum) $4.99
- Remove Ads (Silver) $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.