Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your LG Smart TV with webOS and NetCast. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your LG Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your LG Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the LG App Store (LG Smart World / LG Content Store) on your TV, search for 'TV Cast' and install the companion app.
* Please enter the ip-address of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your TV Remote or scroll wheel on your Magic Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the hardware remote of your LG for controlling the TV app and video playback.
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> PRO FEATURES
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all LG Smart TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker + No Sponsoring Ads: The Pro app version has no ads and the Ad-Blocker blocks ads & popups on most websites that you visit. You can update, enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with LG Electronics or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not what it used to be. Avoid until they update it.
This app used to be great. I upgraded from the free app and was very pleased with it. But the past few months it’s been getting stuck in a buffer about every 15 minutes and I have to start my streaming over in hopes of fixing it.
I wish they would upgrade it to fix these performance issues. As of now it feels like a waste of money.
Terrible. Does not work
The ONLY video this app will play on the TV is the tutorial. The free version forces a pop up in your face to upgrade to pro, then doesn’t give you any option to close the pop up just to try the app out. Desperate to find a casting solution and sick of getting stuck at the pop up, I stupidly paid for the pro version. I got rid of the pop up but every single attempt to cast shows “error” on the TV. Biggest wast of $10 on the App Store EVER. You people should be paying me for all of the hours I have wasted trying to make this thing do the simplistic task it is advertised to perform. This borders on fraud and if I didn’t already regret all the wasted time and energy, I would be inclined to pursue legal action. Seriously, it sickens me to think of the developers back slapping each other while swindling people $10 at a time.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience.
It would be very kind of you, if you could add a few more information: What exactly doesn't work (connection/casting/crashes, etc.)? Which website / video is affected? Does the videoload fail? Or is there no link to cast? More detailed information will help us to fix and improve the app. Thank you very much in advance. If you are still unhappy with the app please request a refund. Funding and refunding of purchases on iOS devices is done by Apple. Please contact Apple directly to request a refund at http://reportaproblem.apple.com.
Please let us know if this works for you. We'd love to hear from you.
Paid for this and it doesn’t work!
Paid for this app (which I rarely do) and it still won’t allow mirroring.
ETA: The response from the developer missed the mark completely. My complaint is NOT about having to pay for an app **if it works** — I understand the need the pass some of the cost of app development and maintenance to the consumer, but again, that’s assuming the product functions as promised. My complaint is rather that even after paying for this app, I was still left without any ability to mirror-screen. Paying for an app is only justifiable if the consumer is then able to use said app as intended. 🙄
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot give away the Screen Mirroring App for free because it is a lot of work to build and maintain this app, apart from the Video & TV Cast app. Both apps have their individual advantages and use very different technology in the background. The one is for streaming videos while the other one mirrors your device screen.
If we would include Screen Mirroring for free in Video & TV Cast we would have to set the app price much higher and this would lead to the same result like purchasing two separate apps. More customers would be unhappy, because they would have to pay the higher price, although they only need one feature of the app. The advantage of the two separate apps is that each user can choose if they need video casting, screen mirroring or both features.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 32.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.