TvhClient will enable your iPhone or iPad to easily perform your TVHeadend common daily tasks and allow you to watch your channels on your device.
TvhClient allows you to remotely control the TVHeadend server - a DVB receiver, DVR and streaming server.
The app relies on real-time data it retrieves from the TVHeadend server allowing you to accomplish several tasks, including:
* view the channel's streaming video in-app or launch a third party video application,
* list channels,
* view channel's EPGs,
* search by program title,
* start, schedule and playback recordings (DVR),
* check alternative times for any show scheduled,
* view the log / status of the server
* browse your muxes and playback any of them without a channel
Supported Tvheadend versions: 3.2 and up.
Transcoding is supported in TVHeadend 4.x versions using TVHeadend's profiles.
** For support (or crashes!) contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or join http://chat.tvhclient.com.
The app supports sending video stream url directly to: VLC, Oplayer, Buzz Player, GoodPlayer, Ace Player, nPlayer and remotely to Kodi (TvhClient does not support passwords in webinterface!). If you know other apps that work well with TVHeadend and want them added, contact me via e-mail.
- iPad : remove left menu bar, replaced with a normal bar on the bottom
- fixed recordings seeking
- added "show webpage in Status" to the iPhone app - you can set any website in Settings, swap to Status and hit the "Web" button. Web button will only appear if you have something defined in the Settings after force quitting the app.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has always been very reliable. Fast to load streams, customizable as far as stream settings go for those of us who like to tinker, but still easy enough to use as to not require it. I just wish they would chose a color to use on the top bar instead of having everything just white, it would make the app look a little more interesting.
Great iOS thats with works just fine with tvheadend server on LAN or when I VPN into my home network. Thank you.
Is subtitle supported?
I like this app and it works well
- Luis Fernandes
- 75 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Czech, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2018 Luis Fernandes
- In-App Purchases
- Thanks a Sloth $1.99
- Whale of Thanks $2.99
- Llama Thanks $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.