This is the classic American Christmas poem 3d animated like you have never seen it before, playful, funny and slightly irreverent. The app lets the user choose from one of three professionally recorded narrations, lets the user record their own voice reading the poem, includes film caliber music and sound effects, and numerous animated surprises, including an hilarious one minute intricately choreographed st-nick-delivering-gifts-in-a-home-dance-routine.
Twas The Night Before Christmas Features
- sophisticated 3D animation on every page of the book
- original music, voice over and sound effects
- option for the user to record their voice to be played with the provided sound effects and music
- the entire text of the original poem
- choose to hear and display the poem read in 3 different voices
- animate the text using the iPad’s, accelerometer
- coverflow-like navigation
- page swipe or tap for page turning
- auto page turning option
- sound effects only sound option
- sophisticated and dynamic typographic layout
- PLEASE NOTE - the app is in ENGLISH ONLY - we do NOT provide a French or Spanish translation
See the trailer here:
Updated for iOS 11
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs bug fixing
The styling is great, and the narration is wonderful too. It's really a fantastic app, but loses two stars because the text will randomly disappear from the screen, yet returns again in the middle of a sentence, and the speed feels funky. You get to the end of a section, and it automatically starts over again. I don't know of another story time app that behaves this way, but it's strange to see Santa disappear up the chimney only to appear in the room again. I know you can enable automatic page turning, but if you do that, your kids can't look at the pictures, and can't ask questions. You are forced to get through the book in a certain amount of time... Not good.
In all, it's definitely worth the price, but the developer should really get the bugs fixed BEFORE the night before Christmas.
iOS 6 Update
There exists an issue with the Update Notification continually showing that an update is available for iOS 6 devices. This seems to be an issue for non-iOS 6 on your devices.
Please remediate this issue.
Art style is maddening to say the least
I own the Pedlar Lady… love it! Can't stand this book however. The art style used on the inside, the squiggly lines bouncing around the characters, makes the book very unpleasant (being nice here) to look at. I might enjoy the book if I were in an "altered state of mind" but since I don't do things to put me there, the book is unwatchable to me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.