Tweetings is a Twitter client for Mac OS X with an extensive feature list including lists, exclusion filters, TwitLonger, GeoLocation and syncs your timeline with your iPhone or iPad!
Follow your friends tweets, share your photos, view conversations and keep your followers up to date.
Some of the key features
- Live, real-time, updates to your home timeline, mentions and direct messages
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and favourites
- Conversation view
- Gap detection
- View twitter lists
- Sync timelines across other devices using Tweetings
- Inline image display
- Exclusion filters - Filter Tweets by keywords or screen names
- See who retweeted you are who you retweeted
- View your sent tweets
- View the mentions on any user
- Auto refreshing timeline
- Unread badge on dock icon
- Highlights: never miss a tweet matching a word or phrase
- Read it later and instapaper support for links
- Open links in the background so you don't lose your place in your timeline
- Customisable ReTweet format including new style Twitter ReTweet
- Upload pictures with support for Pic.Twitter, Twitpic, yFrog, Twitgoo, MobyPicture, TweetPhoto, Posterous and more
- Upload video
- GeoLocation support at Tweet level
- TwitLonger support when 140 characters just isn't enough
- Shorten URLs with bit.ly, tinyurl, is.gd and more
- Schedule tweets within a 15 minute period
- Post to Facebook
- #nowplaying from iTunes
- Multiple accounts
- Sound notifications
- Growl notifications
- Status bar icon
- Customisable font size
- Bookmarklet support
- Global shortcut keys
- Auto-refresh timer customisation
- Search twitter
- Save searches
A number of updates for retina displays and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Tweetmarker Support is Iffy
I bought this because it is listed as supporting Tweetmarker (a service to sync your place in your twitter stream between clients). It sort of works, which is probably worse than not working at all. If I stop reading tweets on Tweetbot on my iPhone and then open Tweetings, I get to the right tweet. There's no visual clue that I'm at the marked tweet, but I guess I can live with that. But if I then read some tweets and quit Tweetings it doesn't seem to sync the placemaker properly most of the time. I'd say maybe 20% of the time it properly tells tweetmarker where I left off, but mostly I have to scroll around in Tweetbot to find where I left off. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay the $10 for Twitterific.
Stylish but crashy
This is a stylish app with lots of functionality, but it’s hard to use because it crashes often. And can someone explain to me how to post a tweet from this app? When I press the @ symbol, the users list comes up, but then after that it is so bizarre. I simply can’t post a tweet. KInda useless.
out of date, and about a year behind
The app is a year behind, does not support the new twitter api changes that are out and over all is a slow experience for the blind, I personally would no recommend this app to anyone. I'm requesting a refund for said app post haste. I normally do not leave 1 star reviews, but I'm saying it like it is..
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Richard Hyland
- 2.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires macOS 10.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2010-2014 RBD Solutions Limited
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.