Twist eases team communication by keeping conversations organized, structured and on-topic. No more messy email threads. No more chaotic real-time chatting. Twist keeps all your team communication and collaboration organized and on-topic in asynchronous threads so everyone can work more productively.
Teamwork doesn’t need to be chaotic and stressful. Twist – from the developers of the 5-star productivity app, Todoist – coordinates all your team’s conversations so that they are always structured, contextual, and in one place.
"The Best Communication App for Distributed Teams" - PCMag
Twist makes team collaboration more structured and productive so your teammates can focus their attention on the work that really matters. Your team can choose when exactly to connect to discuss things and when to disconnect to get work done.
"Twist has devised a way for people to mindfully disconnect, which allows for deeper work and more meaningful interactions when teammates check in" - The Verge
And unlike email, everything in Twist stays accessible and searchable for everyone, forever, so no team work is ever lost or buried, even if someone leaves your business.
Keep all your conversations and team chats organized by projects in asynchronous Threads. Receive announcements on important updates, discuss ideas in Threads, coordinate project updates, and gather feedback right on your iOS device.
Twist's Main Features
• Keep all your organization’s different types of team communication and team messaging in one single place.
• Organize your team's discussions into specific Channels so everyone is fully coordinated and on the same page.
• Use asynchronous Threads to organize specific discussions around a certain project or topic.
• Easily choose which specific team members to notify in each specific Thread.
• Send Direct Messages to one or a few people for quick questions or just to socialize.
• Loop in guests, clients or business contractors so your teamwork stays centralized and accessible.
• Attach files and easily find them in past discussions.
• Integrations with GitHub, Todoist, Zapier and more.
Make Twist your one-stop team collaboration hub and stay organized and in sync with all your team discussions.
We’d love to get your feedback and suggestions on how we can make Twist even better. Reach us at @twistappteam on Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Notify Everyone in Channel" can be the Twist version of the dreaded Reply All email. To help turn down the volume on chatter, there's a new option to set default participants. You can choose who is auto-tagged in new threads in your channels. Simply create a new channel or edit one you already created and look for "Set Default Participants".
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best solution for team communication
Having tried Asana and Slack, I find that Twist is far better for my needs in communicating with my team. Developers are quick to address issues (THANK YOU!!!) and seem intent on improving it.
I love this app & concept
I’ve used slack for several years, and been bothered by all the notifications and lack of focus on threaded (on topic) communication. I absolutely love the concept and implementation of this app! It is my go-to for teams now, and completely replaces the need for email in my book.
It feels in some ways like it is still in its infancy in supporting some features. Here’s an example: I love how I can share links to specific threads, but I don’t like how it takes users out of the app to the browser, rather than just redirecting them into that specific thread within the app.
That said, I will push teams that I’m involved in to move to this app, and any new teams I am involved in will use this if I can help it. I’m a student and growing app developer myself, and see a lot of value in organized, asynchronous communication. Thanks for taking the time to really think through fundamentals of communication and productive work before developing just another communication tool. This is not just another one, this is the only one I want to use.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thank you very much for the detailed feedback! We will take your suggestion regarding opening links into consideration for future 👍
For the first time since launch, there’s a share extension!
Thanks so much for figuring out how to implement it.
My only gripe is that it kind of goes against how Twist should work, since it creates new threads for each shared thing instead of allowing you to share with more granularity, by posting into specific threads.
For example, I share about 30 links or so every day and organize them by topic. Have an infinitely long amount of threads would not be ideal as a result.
- Doist Inc.
- 191.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Doist, Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.