TwistedWave is a very fast and easy to use audio editor and recorder.
Even when working with huge files, it will remain very fast and fluid, and will never run out of memory.
UNIQUE TO TWISTEDWAVE
• Very fluid, even with very large files
• Unlimited undo / redo history, happens instantly
• No duration limit other than the available storage
• Up to 24 bit / 96 kHz audio if your audio interface supports it
• Record stereo audio with the built-in microphone (iPhone XS or more recent)
• Record studio quality audio with an external microphone
• Record audio from other music applications with Audiobus
• Precision Time Stretching & Pitch Shifting technology licensed from ZTX
• All the AudioUnit extensions (AUv3) available on the App Store can be used with TwistedWave
• Cut, copy / paste audio around
• Fade in / out
• Delay / echo
• Equalizer (parametric, or iPod EQ)
• Dynamics processor, can be used as a compressor or a noise gate
• Peak limiter to amplify audio without causing distortion
• Amplify or normalize the audio to a given level
• Filters (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, low-shelf, high-shelf)
• Convert the sampling rate (with SoX' very high quality resampler)
• Reverse. Play the file backwards, mostly for fun!
MANY FILE FORMATS SUPPORTED
• M4A (AAC or Apple Lossless)
• MP3 (Encoded with the LAME MP3 encoder for the best quality)
MANY IMPORT OPTIONS
• Import songs from the music library
• Import files from the Files app
• Import files from an SD card or USB drive, with the right adapter
• Open files sent from other apps
• Browser access, send a file to TwistedWave from a device on the same WiFi network
MANY EXPORT OPTIONS
• Send your files by
- An FTP or SFTP account
- Any app that accepts audio files
• Export multiple files in a single ZIP file
• Browser access to allow downloading and uploading files from/to TwistedWave
• File too large? Just send a link. (30 days for free on TwistedWave's servers)
Connect to the TwistedWave app from a web browser on another device or computer on the same WiFi network, and:
• Play and download the files directly from a browser
• Send files to TwistedWave by drag and dropping them in the browser
Added an option to import files from the video library. The audio track will be imported. (requires iOS 14)
Ratings and Reviews
More than just the basics!
I mainly use this to edit recordings made with the native iOS Voice Memo app. Live music, speeches, classes, etc. that vary from 3 minutes to a few hours. Plus, I've used it to edit single track files from my archive, as well as others people send me from other sources &/or need edited (that I pull from video, etc).
I'm sure there are more advanced things this app doesn't do, but for my needs (fader, crop, cut/paste, pitch, speed, loop, eq, convert, etc.), TwistedWave works great! I use Document Picker to export to a variety of places, and often use the audio in slideshows or new videos.
I'm an audio 'enthusiast', so I need more than just the basics, delivered in an intuitive format. I'll work on a project for several hours straight, every few months. This app delivers 100%. It's stable, works fast, and easy to return to when ya haven't used it in a while.
(Also of note: hubby is a pro sound engineer & musician & was impressed by this app's capabilities).
Many thanks to the developers for a an awesome tool!
Still need Audacity on PC for background noise removal
I'm still looking for a replacement for Audacity on the PC so I can do all my editing on iPad.
This looked close but after purchasing I now know it doesn't have the very feature I need most - background noise sample/remove.
From a review I saw something like "Audacity for iPad" and from someone's video I saw that it had lots of filter options such as Noise Gate type filter and thought (incorrectly) it would have some sort of background noise sample and removal.
It does not.
It's too bad because it is otherwise the best audio app I've found for iPad.
Back to shuffling my files back and forth between iPad and a PC with Audacity - less $10.
Folks, if you could add this it would really help but I see people have been asking for this from you for 5 or 10 years so I guess that is your answer.
The main reason I am still giving such a high "stars" score (4) to an app I bought and won't be using is that it would be fine for someone looking to clip audio and do edits other than background noise removal would probably be happy, and...
it is very well done, and...
the alternatives for iPad, such as WavePad are TERRIBLE for import/export, spamming, add pop up's, cheesy, unprofessional garbage.
If you don't care about great background noise filtering this could be what you are looking for.
Now back to my PC and Audacity...
Fantastic Professional App
Original Review: Great! This is a full featured professional voice recorder and editor - and is more fun to use than Audition. (The editor is far better - and faster - than Garage Band. Think Audition.) I use this app to record audio books and edit on this app. I bring it into Audition to master. :)
Update: 2 years later: This incredible app still provides a terrific experience and is one of the app-store's very best. I sincerely thank the developer for this. I use it for the recording and editing of professional audio books. I still take it into Audition for noise reduction and mastering. I love this app. Thank you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TwistedWave Software Ltd.
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 TwistedWave
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.