From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Access premium and exclusive live streams directly from your computer
- Watch the latest events unfold in real time from around the world
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
We made a number of improvements to Twitter. A few highlights specific to Twitter for Mac.
- Fixed: keyboard up and down arrows now work properly in Tweet Composer
- Fixed: selection after paste now works properly in Tweet Composer
- Fixed: addressed a number of crashes
- Improvement: some changes to start addressing scrolling problems and large memory usage in long running app sessions
Ratings and Reviews
Great so far! Could be excellent.
Awesome interface! It's new but shows promise. Smooth flow and sleek interface. Atttention on:
1. Text size does not match with left tab.
2. We should be able to click anywhere on a video timeline and the round curser follow with out actually have to chase the round curser to where we want to forward the video.
3 The tweet button should be featured somewhere on the center of the screen or even by the left tab. Instead its found akwardly at a distance right corner of the screen app.
4. Missing live videos/periscopes at the top of the screen like in the iPhone app. Otherwise we have to search for the tweet with live streaming on profiles.
5. The closing, minimizing, and full screen options along with the tweet option at the top of the screen window should be redesigned to be integrated within the app.
Overall great app! Thank you Twitter for coming back to Mac Catalina strong!
Feels like a website...
This standalone app just feels like the website version of Twitter, but with more bugs. The only new feature I've seen is the system integrated dark mode support, but this could even be added to the website if they cared enough. I would've expected more features like Touch Bar support - that would be awesome! Also, there are many bugs with this first release. For example, you can't resize the text without using a workaround. The feature is there, within a UI, but when you drag the slider it moves the window around. Finally, the app is incredibly inconsistant. It doesn't follow any of Apple's MacOS human design guidelines, and menu bars, buttons, etc are all different depending in what menu you are in. Overall, the app is very unpolished; I would reccommend using an app like TweetBot instead.
Not even close to the old official app
This isn't an app made for macOS. It's essentially the iOS version, with a couple of settings pages oddly mapped to their own windows.
The timeline does not stay pinned to the top. You cannot see multiple accounts at once, not even notification dots specific to each account. Window management is awful if not non-existant, and trackpad gestures aren't present either. The dark theme offers two color choices – neither of which match the system.
I loved the old official Twitter app that was discontinued years ago. This is not a revival of it, and it feels like they didn't put any effort in to it at all. I will keep using a 3rd-party paid app instead of this official one, despite the fact that Twitter disabled several API features for 3rd-party apps.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 31.2 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Twitter, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.