From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Access premium and exclusive live streams directly from your computer
- Watch the latest events unfold in real time from around the world
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
8.3.1 has a single fix in it where some user interactions would lead to the app becoming unresponsive and stuck.
Other fixes and improvements from 8.3.0:
- Fixed: when composing a reply to a Tweet, pasting a link to a Tweet with no other Tweet text would end up failing to send that reply
- Fixed: some Videos were rendering with stretched frames
- Fixed: sometimes switching accounts or restoring a draft could causes issues in the composer
- Fixed: replying to a Tweet that was deleted had a buggy experience
- Fixed: rendering of animated GIFs would sometimes crash the app
- Fixed: pasting a URL as plain text could fail
- Improved: maintain scroll position on Home Timeline more consistently
- Improved: enable feature to mute conversation for all users
Ratings and Reviews
Great so far! Could be excellent.
Awesome interface! It's new but shows promise. Smooth flow and sleek interface. Atttention on:
1. Text size does not match with left tab.
2. We should be able to click anywhere on a video timeline and the round curser follow with out actually have to chase the round curser to where we want to forward the video.
3 The tweet button should be featured somewhere on the center of the screen or even by the left tab. Instead its found akwardly at a distance right corner of the screen app.
4. Missing live videos/periscopes at the top of the screen like in the iPhone app. Otherwise we have to search for the tweet with live streaming on profiles.
5. The closing, minimizing, and full screen options along with the tweet option at the top of the screen window should be redesigned to be integrated within the app.
Overall great app! Thank you Twitter for coming back to Mac Catalina strong!
Replaced Tweetbot with this
For as long as I can remember, I've been a user of the various versions of Tweetbot. Upon recently upgrading my MBP I encountered numerous UI issues with Tweetbot. So, I did some checking around and saw that Twitter had an app out (I thought they killed it) for Mac. I've been using it, and enjoying that usage, ever since. I haven't even logged back in to Tweetbot since that day, and will likely delete it after writing this review. I typically find that I do not enjoy apps created by the service, but Twitter has left me pleasantly suprised. My one complaint is that the app routinely encounters an error and shuts itself down at least twice a day. Other than that, the design is wonderful and friendly to use. I can rotate between various accounts. Composing longer tweets is a simple click. Dark mode is pleasing and useful instead of gimicky. The ability to customize the app and settings is user friendly. Well done!
Feels like a website...
This standalone app just feels like the website version of Twitter, but with more bugs. The only new feature I've seen is the system integrated dark mode support, but this could even be added to the website if they cared enough. I would've expected more features like Touch Bar support - that would be awesome! Also, there are many bugs with this first release. For example, you can't resize the text without using a workaround. The feature is there, within a UI, but when you drag the slider it moves the window around. Finally, the app is incredibly inconsistant. It doesn't follow any of Apple's MacOS human design guidelines, and menu bars, buttons, etc are all different depending in what menu you are in. Overall, the app is very unpolished; I would reccommend using an app like TweetBot instead.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 31.4 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Twitter, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.