From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Access premium and exclusive live streams directly from your computer
- Watch the latest events unfold in real time from around the world
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
We made a number of improvements to Twitter for Mac so it is even better for you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Replaced Tweetbot with this
For as long as I can remember, I've been a user of the various versions of Tweetbot. Upon recently upgrading my MBP I encountered numerous UI issues with Tweetbot. So, I did some checking around and saw that Twitter had an app out (I thought they killed it) for Mac. I've been using it, and enjoying that usage, ever since. I haven't even logged back in to Tweetbot since that day, and will likely delete it after writing this review. I typically find that I do not enjoy apps created by the service, but Twitter has left me pleasantly suprised. My one complaint is that the app routinely encounters an error and shuts itself down at least twice a day. Other than that, the design is wonderful and friendly to use. I can rotate between various accounts. Composing longer tweets is a simple click. Dark mode is pleasing and useful instead of gimicky. The ability to customize the app and settings is user friendly. Well done!
it is a good app
Twitter is a great app to use for talking to the media and others around the world like about the Corona Virus or things in Genreal i think Twitter is a thousand times better then FaceBook and Insgram i wish the guys at Twitter would make more TV ad's about Twiitter. Like nobody tlks about Windows anymore so they all talk about Apple. So change that..... please change the log in screen more respondive and better look. Please change the boot screen from the blue background with white "Twitter" bird to somthing more updated please i wuld like to see that happen..
Fair app, uninstalled because using on Safari is better
The app is nice, I like having notifications for replies, and it is nice to use it when you are actually consuming your timeline.
Unfortunately there are major flaws. The video player keeps having bugs and snags, regular expected keyboard navigation don't work (hitting esc to close image/video popup, for instance) and opening links sent from friends is at a whole new level of breaking my flow, and there is no option to disable it.
To clarify: Say I am on my timeline, someone sends me a link to a twitter thread, I click and it takes over the app instead of opening in Safari. Fine. But I decide I'll look into it later. I am forced to abandon th thread to go back to what I was doing. And sometimes more than one people send different stuff while in a group chat or something, and you can't keep tabs to each of the stuff to look as you would do normally on Safari. Since there is no option to disable the integration, I decided it is better to use third party applications for timeline reading and uninstall the official Twitter app, as it is the only one that takes over the links sent. This way my flow is not interrupted and everything works just fine.
It is unfortunate that twitter aggressive use of caching and progressive app tech keeps breaking twitter on the web too, but that's a conversation to another day.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 35.7 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Twitter, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.