From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
We made improvements and squashed bugs so Twitter is even better for you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on Twitter to help us express our thoughts and keep up with the news. And with Twitter’s Apple TV app (our 2016 App of the Year), we’ve also got a bigger window into current events and topical discussions. From breaking-news tweets to live Periscope feeds—and even Thursday Night Football—the benefits of that little bird are always getting bigger.
It is my only form of social media ... I love being anonymous and yet feeling a part of a like minded group ... you, at least for now, allow for personal opinion without retribution. I do not even mind some of the back talk and anger imposed ... that is a part of freedom that we still hold. The only thing I don’t like seeing all of the absolute hate that is in the world now.. I have watched it come for a very long time but it is escalating and it is sad to watch. It did not start with President Trump not even Obama but years ago. I would wish that people would still curtail their anger but they a bent on making it known. It makes all look immature but yet I feel they have not been taught any better. I look forward to reading all of the opinions none the less as it is America and we at least are still free for now and freedom of speech is a part of that and I am grateful for your still allowing that ! Thank you so much !
Addicting in a Very Bad Way
Twitter isn’t functional because you can’t easily remove followers. Twitter doesn’t recognize that people have different needs over time. Many of us got on expressly to discuss politics. You follow and are followed by thousands of people. Now you want to switch to your real name and focus on people doing a particular workout challenge or use the account for some other, less toxic reason. You either have to delete the account, wait a period of time and start over (losing all your follows) or block every account you don’t want following you anymore, one at a time. Twitter is full of bots supporting the right wing, far left extremists and fake accounts. If you’re there for politics you can’t use your real name because you will be threatened and harassed. One person told me she could find out everything about me and ruin my life. Someone I follow used her real name and a harasser find out the name of the woman’s father’s business and filled yelp with negative reviews. It can at times be a place for “friendship” or learning and even uplifting but it can also be a vile, depressing place.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 122.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Twitter, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.