Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Easily search for the perfect GIF or meme when composing tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support means GIFs and videos play right in the timeline.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets and second-guessing algorithms
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Add image descriptions to attached media to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Quickly search GIPHY for that perfect, hilarious GIF or funny meme
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize themes, fonts, home screen icons, text sizes & more
• Automatically change themes at night or whenever the system switches
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with portrait & landscape support for both
• Open as many windows as you want on iPad
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Multi-image support and autoplaying of GIF's & videos right in the timeline
• List management support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription is available which eliminates banner ads and subscription prompts. Payments will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Added helpful haptic feedback when composing a tweet, fixed bugs that could make the timeline jump unexpectedly, improved the back swipe gesture and more.
• Added haptic feedback when you get close to running out of characters while composing a tweet (iPhone)
• Timelines no longer jump to the top after having been off-screen for awhile
• Edge swiping in conversation threads & user profiles now navigates backwards in the stack as expected instead of dismissing the view
• Fixed a problem where an unfollowed user's tweets weren't immediately removed from the timeline
• Fixed several unusual crashing bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Makes Twitter Useable
With all the things that Twitter has done to make itself a hostile environment for 3rd-party apps, it is a monumental feat to make something that is *still* worth using — much less giving money to — rather than just giving up and using the official app.
Sure, there are some small annoyances (all the fault of Twitter, not Twitterrific…) but even still this provides the best experience reading my timeline.
First of all, *actual chronological timeline*! Sure twitter added it as a feature lately, but it turns itself off after a while. Ridiculous!
Also no “promoted” tweets, no BS random fake friend likes getting stuffed in your timeline, no trending news junk…
Timeline sync! I can read on my iPad and my phone and it remembers where I left off. I’m one of those crazy people that reads everything in his timeline, this makes it easy.
There are a billion little things that make the interface nice to work with, many of which are “power user” features you have to spend a little time learning, but wow is it worth it. I would kill to have all of iOS have their “swipe to move the cursor” feature. It makes editing tweets much simpler.
In all, if you’re trying this because you’re fed up with Twitter messing with their API, give it a chance, give it some time. It absolutely takes a bit to learn all the neat little things Twitterrific can do that add up to making it great, but it’s worth it.
I couldn't even begin to like this app...
So I literally just downloaded this app minutes ago. It was feat. in a write up in the app store. It looked to have nice features, separate from the actual Twitter app, like the ability to edit your tweets, so I said heck why not. I open the app, login & BOOM! There's a huge ad bar at the top of the screen. So big, it completely covers half if not all of a tweet, depending on length. I can't even appreciate looking at the layout or design, colors or anything else because the ad bar is so distracting. Ugh. I have several apps with ad promo bars but guess what? They're tiny and all at the BOTTOM. I'm so mind boggled, I can't remember if the OG Twitter app has an ad bar. If so, it's barely noticeable. I'm guessing you'd have to pay to remove the ad bar and I don't mind donating to small-time app developers but I don't know about this app. I also read a couple of reviews and people mentioned how they try to get you to pay to access certain features or abilities. Some paid twice due to tier mix-ups. Is there not a "refresh purchases" button? Sounds like this developer is just plain greedy. Also one thing I immediately noticed is the timeline feed is slow to refresh. If it refreshes at all. I'm still seeing tweets from two days ago...when it should be from a few seconds ago. Smh.
Used to be good, alas
I had used Twitterrific for a few years and found it good enough. I even purchased removal of ads back when that was ~$5. Single purchase, mind you.
However, when the app switched to the subscription model, it started serving me pop ups demanding I subscribe. "You've helped out before, now help us again!" I decline, and before long (a day or two?) the pop up is back. If I recall right they're timed-- you have to wait a few seconds before you're allowed to say no. This is unacceptable. Yes, it's annoying and gets your attention and provokes a response-- mine was to delete the app and use a different one.
I get that software development isn't cheap. But customers are also not endless wells of money that need harassed until they fork it over either. Now, for all I know this was a special case-- I'd managed to restore purchases so I wasn't seeing any ads, so the pop ups may have been something not many people get. Still, the recurring pop ups are a shady move. I probably would have considered keeping the app and eventually subscribing were it not for those pop ups! Frankly, I'll avoid anything published by Icon Factory because of it. Those constant pop ups are just no way to treat customers.
- The Iconfactory
- 24 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $0.99
- Annual $9.99
- Forever $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.