Twitterrific: Tweet Your Way 17+
Tweet on your own terms.
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Easily search for the perfect GIF or meme when composing tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support means GIFs and videos play right in the timeline.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets and second-guessing algorithms
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Add image descriptions to attached media to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Quickly search GIPHY for that perfect, hilarious GIF or funny meme
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize themes, fonts, home screen icons, text sizes & more
• Automatically change themes at night or whenever the system switches
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with portrait & landscape support for both
• Open as many windows as you want on iPad
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Multi-image support and autoplaying of GIF's & videos right in the timeline
• List management support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription is available which eliminates banner ads and subscription prompts. Payments will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• New notice about Twitter service shutdown
• Added option to decline a pro-rated refund for subscriptions
• The app icon can be changed again
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice app, but with a couple issues
I started having issues with the official Twitter app not showing me tweets. I’d leave the app overnight, and then opening it in the morning, it would hide all the overnight tweets under a “show more tweets” button. It’d go from 8h ago right to 10m ago with everything else hidden. Super frustrating, so I needed a different app.
Twitterrific shows me every tweet! I could be off the app for a day, but then I can open it and have 700+ tweets waiting for me.
My issues/requests (and sorry if these are already available, I’m still new to the app):
1.) When I open a tweet to read replies, they take for-ev-er to load. 75% of the time, I just close the tweet and don’t even bother reading replies. Same issue when going to someone’s account. Takes forever to load their timeline.
2.) I wish there were different ways to sort replies. Official Twitter’s algorithm could be annoying with how they showed replies, but sometimes (actually, a lot of times) I don’t want to see them in order of most recent. I’d like to see them in order of most liked or oldest or…. etc.
3.) It’d be nice to see the RT/like count without having to tap on the tweet.
I like that I don’t see promoted tweets in my timeline. And the ad banner at the top isn’t distracting at all for me. Maybe I’ll eventually pay to remove it, but so far it hasn’t been annoying me.
This app could be a perfect 10 with just a few tweaks!
What we desperately need is a Parlerific
I’ve used Twitterrific since it first appeared on the App Store many years ago. Twitterrific has improved dramatically since then. Among the improvements I appreciate the most are the additions to the cosmetic settings which provide the user with several customizable layouts.
I use Twitterrific primarily on my iPad Mini in landscape mode (ie - widescreen) rather than portrait mode, and I love that the Twitterrific feed conforms itself to widescreen such that it uses all the space from left to right instead of displaying the tweets in phone/tablet mode (ie - a skinny column down the center with large black blank columns on the left and right). I am a reader. I have Twitterrific set to display any pics or vids attached to a tweet as a tiny thumbnail off to the right (rather than below the tweet) which I can tap on to instantly expand and contract if I choose to. I find that to be much more pleasing to the eye and a much faster way to scan through my timeline and read quickly. And I really love that Twitterific gives me the ability to change not only the font size but the font type itself.
Now, to the folks who developed Twitterific, please, please produce a version for Parler. Bring all the wonderful things you have built into Twitterific and put them all in a Parlerific app. Please do it.
I couldn't even begin to like this app...
So I literally just downloaded this app minutes ago. It was feat. in a write up in the app store. It looked to have nice features, separate from the actual Twitter app, like the ability to edit your tweets, so I said heck why not. I open the app, login & BOOM! There's a huge ad bar at the top of the screen. So big, it completely covers half if not all of a tweet, depending on length. I can't even appreciate looking at the layout or design, colors or anything else because the ad bar is so distracting. Ugh. I have several apps with ad promo bars but guess what? They're tiny and all at the BOTTOM. I'm so mind boggled, I can't remember if the OG Twitter app has an ad bar. If so, it's barely noticeable. I'm guessing you'd have to pay to remove the ad bar and I don't mind donating to small-time app developers but I don't know about this app. I also read a couple of reviews and people mentioned how they try to get you to pay to access certain features or abilities. Some paid twice due to tier mix-ups. Is there not a "refresh purchases" button? Sounds like this developer is just plain greedy. Also one thing I immediately noticed is the timeline feed is slow to refresh. If it refreshes at all. I'm still seeing tweets from two days ago...when it should be from a few seconds ago. Smh.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 30 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2023 The Iconfactory, Inc.