Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Easily search for the perfect GIF or meme when composing tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support means GIFs and videos play right in the timeline.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets and second-guessing algorithms
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Add image descriptions to attached media to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Quickly search GIPHY for that perfect, hilarious GIF or funny meme
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize themes, fonts, home screen icons, text sizes & more
• Automatically switch to Twitterrific's dark theme at night
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with portrait & landscape support for both
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Multi-image support and autoplaying of GIF's & videos right in the timeline
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription is available which eliminates banner ads and subscription prompts. Payments will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
We've packed a ton of great new stuff into Twitterrific 6 including GIPHY integration, auto-playing videos and GIFs, displaying full sized media right in the timeline, new icons & themes, an improved attachment preview and so much more!
• Fixed an issue preventing Dark Theme At Night from working on first launch
• Bug fixes and improvements
Twitterrific 6 is a new product. See here for more information: https://support.iconfactory.com/kb/twitterrific/twitterrific-6-purchase-policy
• Video and GIFs silently autoplay directly in your timelines & message threads!
- Videos with an audio track show a speaker icon to avoid any loud surprises
- Autoplaying of videos and GIFs can be disabled in Settings
• View full images right in your timeline!
- Tweets or direct messages with an image attachment will display the thumbnail at the photo's native aspect ratio
- Tweets with two or more images use adjusted aspect ratios and face-detection to avoid taking up as much space
• GIPHY Integration!
- Tap the GIF button when composing a tweet or direct message to find just the right snarky animation
- Refine your search with the built-in Reactions, Memes, or Swear Trek filters
• Support for Twitter's new quoted tweets with media:
- When quoting another tweet, you can attach photos, a video, or an animated GIF
- The timeline displays both the media you attached and your quoted tweet
• View media and add descriptions using the new attachment preview
- Tap the small thumbnail of attached media to get a better, bigger look
- Easily add accessibility descriptions to all images, videos & GIFs
- Swipe between multiple photos to quickly add descriptions to each one
• More customization goodies!
- Three new playful app icons: Crow, Dove, Neon
- Five new colorful themes: Dove, Akikiki , Puffin, Falcon, Parakeet
- 12 fun new "Olliemoji" stickers added to the bundled iMessage sticker pack
- A new font: San Francisco Compact Rounded ('SF Rounded')
- A new Presentation setting to show tweet author's full name, username or both
- A new High Contrast Text presentation option
- Two smaller line spacing steps for tighter text
• Help fund continued development of Twitterrific:
- No features are locked or restricted - try everything without paying anything
- Eliminate banner ads and subscription reminders by signing up for a monthly or yearly subscription
- Don't enjoy subscriptions? Purchase the one-time "Forever" option instead
- Twitterrific 5 customers get full benefits for up to 6 months from their last purchase date
• Full list here: https://twitterrific.com/ios/whats_new_6
Ratings and Reviews
I couldn't even begin to like this app...
So I literally just downloaded this app minutes ago. It was feat. in a write up in the app store. It looked to have nice features, separate from the actual Twitter app, like the ability to edit your tweets, so I said heck why not. I open the app, login & BOOM! There's a huge ad bar at the top of the screen. So big, it completely covers half if not all of a tweet, depending on length. I can't even appreciate looking at the layout or design, colors or anything else because the ad bar is so distracting. Ugh. I have several apps with ad promo bars but guess what? They're tiny and all at the BOTTOM. I'm so mind boggled, I can't remember if the OG Twitter app has an ad bar. If so, it's barely noticeable. I'm guessing you'd have to pay to remove the ad bar and I don't mind donating to small-time app developers but I don't know about this app. I also read a couple of reviews and people mentioned how they try to get you to pay to access certain features or abilities. Some paid twice due to tier mix-ups. Is there not a "refresh purchases" button? Sounds like this developer is just plain greedy. Also one thing I immediately noticed is the timeline feed is slow to refresh. If it refreshes at all. I'm still seeing tweets from two days ago...when it should be from a few seconds ago. Smh.
Great App, Some Improvements Regarding UI
This app is excellent for anyone who wants a customizable, in-depth twitter experience. And I recommend paying for the full version and putting a tip in the Tip Jar, to help make this app even better. The ability to change the cosmetics and tabs bar really make this app something special. Along with a search bar on the timeline to narrow your feed down to specific words. This app isn’t perfect though, as the video player doesn’t have a scrubbing bar and is very clunky to use when you pause or want to view the caption of the video. Also the interchangeable tab bar is lacking in options like people who like your tweets or a button for search, which is found in the left menu but needs a spot on the tab bar. The themes of the app could also have a bit more variety, and I know this isn’t as important as a smooth UI but maybe a few colored themes or even patterns could liven up the app and make for an even more customizable and fun experience.
Makes Twitter Useable
With all the things that Twitter has done to make itself a hostile environment for 3rd-party apps, it is a monumental feat to make something that is *still* worth using — much less giving money to — rather than just giving up and using the official app.
Sure, there are some small annoyances (all the fault of Twitter, not Twitterrific…) but even still this provides the best experience reading my timeline.
First of all, *actual chronological timeline*! Sure twitter added it as a feature lately, but it turns itself off after a while. Ridiculous!
Also no “promoted” tweets, no BS random fake friend likes getting stuffed in your timeline, no trending news junk…
Timeline sync! I can read on my iPad and my phone and it remembers where I left off. I’m one of those crazy people that reads everything in his timeline, this makes it easy.
There are a billion little things that make the interface nice to work with, many of which are “power user” features you have to spend a little time learning, but wow is it worth it. I would kill to have all of iOS have their “swipe to move the cursor” feature. It makes editing tweets much simpler.
In all, if you’re trying this because you’re fed up with Twitter messing with their API, give it a chance, give it some time. It absolutely takes a bit to learn all the neat little things Twitterrific can do that add up to making it great, but it’s worth it.
- The Iconfactory
- 22.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $0.99
- Forever $29.99
- Annual $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.