Two Spies is a turn-based spy training program where you face off against an opponent in Cold War Europe. Sneak to gain cover, control cities' informants to capture areas of the map, deduce your target's location – or trick them into revealing it – and strike to win the round.
- Board-game style maps
- Training bot helps you learn the ropes of being a spy
- Play matched games against opponents online
- Get a Season Pass to see player ranks, access stats, and earn pro pins
- Play a friend in local wireless, "pass and play", or internet play
- Realtime turn-based gameplay
- Collect spy pins to show your opponents who they're up against
- Trick your opponent by doing what they least expect
- No consumable in app purchases or "pay to win" mechanics
- Based on a lost cold war spy training program
"A thrilling game of espionage"
- App Store "Game of the Day" feature, April 2020
"A great turn-by-turn game with just the right amount of chance thrown in"
- Steven Hackett, 512 Pixels
- Features that were previously included in Season Passes, including Quick Match rankings and season stats, are now free for all players!
- Set up Quick Match seasons to automatically roll over on a consistent schedule, no updates required
- Added a fun reward pin for any player who purchased one of our previous Season Passes
- Fixed an issue where a subtle sound effect difference could unintentionally reveal info about whether agents are waiting or moving
Ratings and Reviews
Two spies has potential outside of just its title. With some work on its algorithm, I feel it could become a multispy game with a few alterations - this suggestion is a little bit dicey though since it could turn into too much of a game like the war board game. However, it could be a really amazing addition as a separate game mode.
The pins look cool, but if you want to market it it better then you would perhaps want to add tournaments or so on and create limited edition pins?
Being able to add friends in this game would also be a HUGE bonus. I’ve played some tough games, and I found myself really enjoying playing against some people. If we were allowed to add them somehow and enable chat for friends, I feel the experience could be that much better (I.e. friend request after meeting a random in a game, enable chat with person in a separate area to converse. I feel this option could be really important during coronavirus).
Another option is to create larger maps for those so inclined... but that would be for a time when the game has more than the 40 or so people I see online at any given moment
Overall the game is very well balanced and the gameplay relies on your ability to read and take the appropriate risks against opponents (though some of that is luck based). I would say this is the two player version of among us in terms of enjoyability and the type of enjoyability
Great game but some ideas
This is one of the best strategy games I’ve ever encountered on the App Store. I love the simplistic feel it gives while still being a complex game that requires lots of strategy. Though it could use some slight improvements here and there. Since there is no currency in the game (yessss,) it requires an in app purchase to acquire many unique pins. These pins have no use other than cosmetics, which I think is fine for a cheap price. Though, maybe there can be a way for people to get pins through something else and still have no in game currency. Maybe, there could be a tournament system, people would be split up into groups of fifty, and the person who gets the most wins and ends up on top of the fifty person leaderboard by the end of the tournament wins a pin. Or maybe there could still be tournaments, but you would be able to choose the one you participate in, and the prize pin for first place would be displayed so you know which pin you’re competing for. Also maybe there can be more pop up message options like “Much appreciated.” Or “Nice try.” (Maybe there can also be a four person game mode but that would be sort of hard to do without bigger maps.) Sorry for the lengthy review. All in all, this is a great game and I look forward to every update.
This is a great game. Don’t be deceived by its simple graphics and relatively muted colors. This is not some dusty old board game reincarnated into an app. Two Spies redesigns strategy into beautiful and creative gameplay, which not only keeps players coming back to the game, but also encourages them to develop their own winning tactics. I admit I had my doubts at first. The game was showed to me by a friend, and I immediately disregarded it as not my type. However, after two to three games, I was completely hooked. The mechanics of the game aren’t limited by any pay to win deals, or adds, or wait times. All it comes down to is the intelligence of you, and your opponent. Combine this with an element of risk -never knowing where your opponent is at all times- and locational advantages -the map itself- The game is a strategical masterpiece. And it doesn’t end there. Two Spies’ design adds needed depth that compliments its gameplay. The Cold War feel really envelops the player, making you feel fresh out of a retro espionage film, and the music makes you live for the moments you correctly predict your target. A decisive win, Royal Pixel.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Royal Pixel Service, Ltd.
- 82.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Royal Pixel Service, Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- The Unsuited $0.00
- Petrov Pin $0.00
- Dr. Hans Pin $0.99
- Season 3 Pass $3.99
- The Suit Pin $0.99
- Sourpuss Pin $0.00
- Le Feu Pin $0.99
- Season 2 Pass $3.99
- Season 1 Pass $3.99
- Cypher Pin $0.99