Calculators have changed very little since the 1970s - while phones from that era look ancient. Why should calculators cling to a 40 year old design with a wall of buttons and one row for results in the age of retina displays? We deserve something better. Tydlig brings the calculator to the next level for iPhone & iPad with innovations like freeform canvas, responsive results and linked numbers.
Tydlig is perfect for calculating everyday things like tips and discounts, showing the entire history and allowing you to change any number with instant updates. For deeper calculations real-time graphing is an excellent way to explore and visualize things like bank interest rates and trigonometric functions.
* Responsive results: Edit any number on the canvas and see all results update automatically. Let your calculator work for you, not the other way around.
* Linked numbers: With a result selected, press any operation to create a linked number below. Responsive results will cascade down these links.
* All history is stored on an infinite scrolling canvas. Drag numbers around and reuse them as you wish.
* Annotate any number with an attached text label, like a freestyle spreadsheet.
* Real-time graphing: Link numbers to a graph and any change to the expression will instantly update the graph. Perfect when trying to explore how functions work and behave.
* Use the Slider to tweak any number and see results and graphs update in real-time. Combined with the graph it is an excellent way to visualize and teach math. Tap the slider to toggle between discrete and continuous modes.
* Share the entire canvas by printing, or exporting as a high quality PDF. You can also copy calculations as text, or save the visible area as an image which can be used in other applications like Pages or Word.
* Undo support.
* Supports external Bluetooth keyboards for really quick digit and basic operations entry (+, -, *, /).
* Tydlig works completely offline, no need to be connected to the internet.
* Lots of power under the hood with a lightning fast calculation engine, over 20 mathematical functions and scientific notation formatting options.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Support for iPhone X
* Dark Theme
If you like Tydlig, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.
Ratings and Reviews
My default calculator app
This is by far the best calculator app I have ever used. I love that it tries to be its own app instead of copying every other calculator app out there. I’ve been a happy user for years and I hope there is never a day that I’m forced to switch to another calculator app. It’s very hard to make me switch from the default iPhone apps and in this case it felt necessary. That’s how good this app is. I wish there was a donation option somewhere because, I don’t know how you guys make your money, but I do not want this app to ever go a way and I’d like to see further development for years to come. I’ve had so many of my favorite apps stop being updated I’m scared this app will follow. You guys deserve to be making some money, add a yearly subscription option or something.
Great App Languishing in Limbo
I love the concept of Tydlig. In fact it’s one of my favorite ways to do calculations. It’s so much of a better flow to be able to put numbers out in white space and brainstorm rather than being confined to a spreadsheet grid. This is also why I’m saddened that in the years since I first used this app, no major improvements have been made.
Most importantly, I can’t save calculation sheets. My only option is to clear everything and start over or export to a static PDF, but if i set up a large flow of calculations and wanted to come back to it later? Sorry! Not allowed. All that meticulous work? Gone. Saving your work on a computer is such a novel concept apparently. And this more than anything kills all the value of the app for anything but the most fleeting calculations and keeps it from being a really killer power-app.
Normally this wouldn’t even bug me that much, and I would even accept that some apps just go off in the wilderness to die…and yet while I’m in a flow state, begrudgingly working out something that I just can’t flow with in a spreadsheet, this review panel pops up interrupting my flow state. And so he we are. I love this app so much that I hate that it can’t be more than another ephemeral iOS widget. Yes this is a sour review, but…you asked.
Still great but maybe some In App Purchases could fund new features
So what's new with the newer versions since I bought this? Support for iPhones and iPads I don't own and support for newer iOS versions (of no obvious value to me). And being nagged to review a new version that offers me no new features is pretty annoying.
I'd like to be able to save separate 'pages' or 'work surfaces'. I get it that supporting new hardware and new OS software involves real work and costs real money, and takes real time. But I'd gladly pay for multiple pages! And I'll do so via an in-app purchase. If you provide me with real value, I'll gladly give you real (if modest) money.
I'd also pay for an in-app purchase that *disables 'review me!' notifications*! Or, you know, just stop nagging me to do so for free. I'll gladly give you a five star review for that change. And you can even nag me to review one last time after I upgrade to the version with that 'feature'.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tydlig Software AB
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Tydlig Software AB
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.