RacePad is the ideal companion app for rFactor, rFactor 2 and any other rFactor-based sim such as Automobilista.
All the vital racing information you need is displayed on iPad, freeing your monitor from any clutter. RacePad offers a detailed timing screen, a comprehensive dashboard, an interactive trackmap and a clever strategy view.
And the best part: RacePad is absolutely free! No ads, no in-app purchases.
# Important: RacePad requires a plugin for rFactor or rFactor2, available for download on http://www.tyka.net/racepad. A detailed description on how to configure RacePad can be found on the website or in the RacePad help menu.
ABOUT THE APP
RacePad displays tons of useful information to be used during and after racing sessions. It connects directly to the game and provides updates in real-time. RacePad is meticulously designed and tested by racing simulation fanatics to provide the best possible experience.
The timing view provides real-time updates on the drivers lap times. In practice sessions it indicates when a driver is in the pits, when they improve their sector or laptime, what the difference is compared to the leader, and how many laps they have done. During the race it displays the best laps, the number of pitstops and the gaps between the drivers.
The dashboard combines multiple elements into one view, providing many essential details while on-track.
On top, the dashboard displays player-centric timing, indicating how each sector and laptime compares to the driver's own and the direct opponents' times. Below, the dashboard shows strategic data, a car status complete with visual tyre temperatures and wear, and an interactive track map.
The map view displays a large track map with all drivers updated in real-time. Different colours are used to indicate whether a driver is on an out-lap, in the pits or previously lapped. The map is generated automatically for any track.
The strategy view is essential in preparing the best race strategy or adjusting it on the fly during the race. RacePad keeps track of your fuel and tyre usage, allowing it to pinpoint exactly when your next pitstop is required.
As RacePad keeps track of every single lap you have done, you can review the details on a lap by lap basis and see how they have affected your laptimes.
RacePad has been designed and redesigned with lots of attention to detail:
- Support for metric and imperial units
- A precise race countdown timer for those perfect starts
- Tracking of the top speed and maximum tyre and brake temperatures of the last lap
- Detailed weather information
- Useful gestures to navigate through RacePad
- Auto connect upon launch
- Option to map steering wheel buttons to RacePad
- Notification when new plugin is available
We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.
For any questions, support or the latest plugin versions, visit our website at www.tyka.net/racepad
- Support for the most recent iPhone and iPad screen sizes. We still support all devices running iOS9 and higher, meaning anyone running RacePad on an old iPad 2 or iPod Touch can continue to do so.
- Once generated, the track map is now stored to disk. The next time you drive the track, there's no need to regenerate it - it's loaded immediately.
- Fixed an issue with the track map sometimes showing anomalies when rejoining a session before the trackmap completed generating.
- Should the track map still show anomalies (as it's generated by tracking driver positions), you can tap and hold the track in the trackmap view. A menu pops up where you can select to regenerate it. For a "perfect" track map, let the AI generate it offline. It will then be stored to disk and loaded for all future use.
- The Timing view now uses a fixed-width font for the timing data, making it easier to read.
- A gear indicator has been added to the Dashboard view to replace the low fuel and oil temperature indicators. As the Dashboard already displays the fuel and temperatures in a red colour when nearing low/high levels, we re-purposed this space for the gear indicator.
- The Dashboard now has a speedometer (iPad versions only). Additionally there are two speed indicators: apex speed and exit speed. These indicators change as soon as full throttle is applied out of a corner. The apex speed gives the slowest speed throughout the corner, and the exit speed gives the speed of the moment when full throttle was applied. This feature helps to find better lines through the corners by giving immediate feedback on your speed.
- Added a slider to the Settings to customise when the tyres drop off. In some mods your tyres can feel worn out at 80% already, whereas in others it's only at 25%. With this slider you can customise the exact % when you would like to pit for new tyres, making the Strategy view more accurate.
- Fixed the timing sometimes displaying incorrectly formatted timestamps.
- Fixed the telemetry sometimes not displaying the first laps in race mode.
- Fixed an issue with the telemetry not taking the formation lap into account, resulting in the fuel and tyre estimates being off.
Note: Be sure to install the latest plugin from the website ( http://www.tyka.net/ ) when you update the App!
Ratings and Reviews
Works as advertised
Works great, no bugs or issues seen. Thanks developers for the hard work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.