Type Fu is an app that will teach you how to type fast. The right way. On your Mac.
Visit type-fu.com for online demo.
****** TYPE FU FEATURES ******
• UNIVERSAL. The app is suitable for all age groups and skill levels. You can be a beginner, intermediate or advanced typist. Even if you took typing classes before, but it never sank in, Type Fu will help you refresh your skills and take them to the next stage instantly.
• PACKED WITH ENGAGING EXERCISES. Type Fu is fun to use! Lessons vary from simple letters, numbers and words to proverbs and quotes of great thinkers of the past. Basic lessons (letters, numbers, words) are generated programatically so that you will never see the same exercise twice.
• MULTIPLE LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY. Should you start from the very beginning, or do you want to just polish your type-fu a tad? Figure out your initial skill level and start practicing right away, until your fingers are a blur!
• MULTIPLE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS. English language users can choose between following layouts: Qwerty, Dvorak, Colemak, Workman, Norman, Qwertz, Azerty. German language users can choose between: German Qwertz and Swiss Qwertz layouts.
• ADAPTIVE. Type Fu is smart: when you are making an outstanding progress, it can automatically increase the level of difficulty to keep you on your toes while improving the skill.
• VISUAL AND AUDIO HINTS. Type Fu assists in a non-obtrusive way. Various indications of hitting or missing the right keys are helpful, pertinent, don't get in the way and can be disabled.
• EASY PROGRESS TRACKING. Type Fu helps you perfecting the skill of touch typing by visualizing your progress. You will be able to easily tell from the pretty charts exactly how much better your typing speed and accuracy become, and which keys your miss most.
• FULLY INTEGRATED WITH YOUR MAC. Get the top-notch user experience offered by Mac computers. Type Fu supports Retina displays, process sandboxing, automatic updates via Mac App Store and full-screen mode.
• PAY ONCE, USE ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE. The app does not require recurring payments and constant network connection unlike online typing tutors. Once you pay for it, it's yours forever. Educational instituations and companies can buy multiple licenses with 50% discount via the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
- Bugfix: Random exercises fail to load after user deselects all characters from the level dropdown (reported by Marina)
Ratings and Reviews
Very good Application
After trying many applications, this application appears to be the best so far. As far as I’ m concern. However, It will be greater application if the developer add “ The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”. This contains all the alphabets on the keyboard and as the user practices it often it will enhance his speed on the keyboard.
I think this will also make this application greater and more attractive to many users and will draw many new users to its. This feature can be seperate like the others and be a standalone feature that the users can repeat over and over to get more familiar to the locations of the keys.
Thank you for a great application like this and hope the feature request will be added to it.
Developer Response ,
You can add this sentence to one of the existing dictionaries. I think it would make sense to add a separate "Pangrams" category which would contain more sentences like that.
Better than most
This is a very good app for the simplicity that it offers.
One of the biggest drawbacks for me, is a lack of focus on certain areas of the keyboard. For instance, I would enjoy exercises that soley focused on numbers and special characters. Instead the the typing difficulty just builds on itself.
As someone else said, this is a vary good typing program.
I almost never bother to rate any apps, and or software programs, but this one I felt I needed to say something. Over the years I’ve owned several good typing programs, in my opinion, this is one of the better typing programs I’ve enjoyed! I especially enjoy the short proverbs, quotes, and educational facts that you can read while brushing up on your typing, also I love the overall layout of the program!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.