Typeface is a beautiful font manager that helps you pick the perfect font for your designs.
Good typography is one of the most important aspects of design. But it is often hard to find the font that conveys just the right emotion, especially if you're not sure yet what you're looking for.
With a minimal interface and total focus on your fonts Typeface tries to make browsing your collection exciting and easy, such that you'll always find just the font you need.
FOCUS ON YOUR FONTS
• Perfectly rendered previews
• Live customization of preview text & size
• Intuitive & minimal UI design that doesn't distract
• Light & Dark theme for day and night
• Easy to use & flexible tagging system (combine, subtract, invert & nest)
• Powerful search & filters (weight, width, slant and style)
• Smart sidebar (auto collapse, tag highlight, drag & drop)
• In-place font activation & deactivation
IMPROVE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Collect font candidates using the Quick Collection
• Review your choices and refine your selection
• Share the results with colleagues and clients on PDF
• Store the selection by attaching tags
REVEAL EVERY DETAIL
• Compare fonts using A/B font overlays
• Inspect supported unicode characters
• Get detailed font info
• Show font family members
AND MUCH MORE
• 2000+ free fonts from the Google Fonts catalog
• Support for ttf, otf, dfont, ttc, woff and PostScript Type 1 font suitcase
• Auto synchronization of imported directories
• Import Font Book collections
• Collapsed family view
• Auto hide fonts that are missing characters
• Auto font style classification
• Print to paper and export to PDF
• Auto size previews
• Letter s p a c i n g
• Left/right/center alignment
• Outlined previews
• Metrics overlay
• Standard & discretionary ligatures
• Dynamic previews
• Export & Import tags to json
• Many keyboard shortcuts
• Import Typekit fonts
• Auto activation
• Tagged and Untagged meta-tags
• Background mode
Still reading? Check out typefaceapp.com for more info, handy tips & support.
Follow @typefaceapp on Twitter to get the latest news.
Have fun designing!
• Added support for woff/woff2 fonts (macOS 10.12+)
• Fixed some visual issues for upcoming macOS release
• Create necessary script directory if not created automatically when enabling Auto Activation
• Preparing for the next big app update, stay tuned!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for the price
I’m the digital marketing guy at my office, and the time had come for me to pick out some potential fonts for an upcoming project. typeface was exactly what I needed - a simple font manager that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. It features a beautiful interface, fast speeds, and plenty of features. Unfortunately, however, the lack of being able to save font collections without installing them is a large oversight. My font choices had to be signed off on, which meant that I was required to leave typeface open in the meantime, and I eventually just had to reset my only collection while working on another project - less than ideal
Overall, typeface is a beautiful, fast font manager, and well worth the $10 pricetag - just don’t uninstall that freeware manager in the meantime.
Okay, But Has Shortfalls
If you have a large font archive (thousands of fonts) this app effortlessly displays them quickly, even from a network location. The use of tags is a great way of grouping fonts with similar characteristics. Unfortunately tag combinations are strictly OR’d instead of optionally AND’d, limiting the potential power of tag filtering. Auto-activation of fonts is supported which is a nice feature at this price point. The interface has a few quirks to get accustomed to, but for now I cannot give more than 3 stars due to several fonts not previewing in list view despite glyphs being assigned to characters and other apps such as Font Book and Finder do show previews for them. Even system fonts such as Apple Braille, Apple Color Emoji, and Zapf Dingbats do not preview in Typeface but they do in Font Book and Finder. Thus, the effectiveness of searching for a font is reduced because you cannot see all the fonts while browsing. (You can see the font when previewing the characters, but not in the list view so it takes more time.) “Undo” functionality is limited, however the developer is great at replying to inquiries/critique and listens to suggestions for improvement. Adding support for dynamic waterfall text like Font Book and a "Find Similar Fonts" function like Suitcase Fusion would easily put this app at 5+ stars for me.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! You can combine the sidebar tags (OR) with the search filter (AND) to create complex queries (enter # in the search bar to get auto-completion). Typeface renders your entered preview text, so if a font does not support the characters you enter then those characters cannot be rendered either. I'll investigate ways to make this more useful for fonts like Apple Braille and Apple Color Emoji, such that they'll preview random characters those fonts support.
I wanted to like it
I am a home user and have a hard time justifying a $100 font manager. That said, I have around 1300 fonts installed and was hoping for an easy way to activate and deactivate by collection. Font Book for me runs extremely slowly, even though I have no problem in programs like Photoshop CC and Lightroom. Typeface will only run as fast as Font Book. I spent a lot of time making collections in Font Book and while Typeface will read them, they must be activated for Typeface to show them in their collection. If you have deactivated the fonts to speed up your system, then you can only reactivate them by going back into Font Book itself, or remember what fonts are in each collection and individually reactivate them. I deactivated a collection in Typeface, and when I went to Font Book, all the fonts had been moved out of the collection entirely, so now I have to rebuild it.
The filters are not that great, either, unfortunately. The Script option pulls up nothing that is actually a script, but fonts like vintage typewriter fonts and Marker Felt.
I was really hoping for more. Perhaps if I had less fonts and wanted to keep them all activated all the time it would be better for me, but I think I just need a more robust program.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Make sure to update to version 2 which improved a lot on font (de)activation. All your fonts stay visible in the app and no need to switch to Font Book :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Floor Steeg
- 22.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 criminalbird
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.