TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac. It can help you type more quickly and accurately, with fewer keystrokes. Create a library of custom shorthand abbreviations that when typed anywhere on your Mac will instantly expand to become longer ‘snippets’ of text or even pictures. Type frequently used words, names, addresses, phrases and boilerplate paragraphs with just a few taps.
Save time, effort and keystrokes. You need never type the same thing over and over again. Just let TypeIt4Me do the heavy lifting for you. It runs unobtrusively in the background and works systemwide, anywhere you can type on your Mac.
• Insert pictures and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Prevent double capitals.
• Automatically correct typos.
• Insert the current date and time dynamically, in any format.
• Insert a past or future date or time, with TypeIt4Me calculating it automatically in relation to the present, so you don’t need to work out in your head what day it was or will be.
• Insert Autocue placeholder “prompts”
• Invoke Applescripts. For example, typing om could trigger a script that opens Mail and says “Opening Mail” using one of the built-in voices in OS X.
• Sync with iCloud to use the same snippets on all your Macs - and even with iPhones or iPads running TypeIt4Me Touch.
• Get statistics that tell you roughly how much time you’ve saved
Ratings and Reviews
Used for years, great app, still some crash
I've used TypeIt4Me for years and it's a great program. I love that it can do fairly complex expansions and I really love that it isn't on a stupid subscription model like its competition. But I recently installed it on an M1 pro Mac 14" Silicon and unfortunately it crashes fairly frequently. It's not that big a deal, but I hope they get it figured out (although maybe it's me, not them).
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! We're sorry to hear you have experienced crashes. There is a newer, stabler version of the app with more features that we are only able to make available directly from our website. It's our policy to offer free upgrades to the newer version for all Mac App Store customers who purchased from Apple, so please do get in touch with us. We'd very much like the opportunity to help you.
Flexible, reliable, brilliant
I have been using TypeIt4Me for years, for a variety of uses: Zoom links, long boilerplate text, expressions which though short always seem to take too long to type (e.g., HIV/AIDS), and to ensure that I always use the same version of a word which has multiple acceptable spellings (e.g., reinfection and re-infection).
It has saved me lots of time and was especially useful when I had carpal tunnel flare ups.
I have been using this app for years
I love TypeIt4Me. Like the title says I have been using it for years and have come to rely on it. When I got a new MacBook Pro and installed Monterey I could not get it to work. I contact their support and received a response very quickly that included a link and Bang! It worked with all my saved snippets. The app and company are incredible.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Riccardo Ettore
- 59.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Riccardo Ettore
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.