TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac. It can help you type more quickly and accurately, with fewer keystrokes. Create a library of custom shorthand abbreviations that when typed anywhere on your Mac will instantly expand to become longer ‘snippets’ of text or even pictures. Type frequently used words, names, addresses, phrases and boilerplate paragraphs with just a few taps.
Save time, effort and keystrokes. You need never type the same thing over and over again. Just let TypeIt4Me do the heavy lifting for you. It runs unobtrusively in the background and works systemwide, anywhere you can type on your Mac.
• Insert pictures and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Prevent double capitals.
• Automatically correct typos.
• Insert the current date and time dynamically, in any format.
• Insert a past or future date or time, with TypeIt4Me calculating it automatically in relation to the present, so you don’t need to work out in your head what day it was or will be.
• Insert Autocue placeholder “prompts”
• Invoke Applescripts. For example, typing om could trigger a script that opens Mail and says “Opening Mail” using one of the built-in voices in OS X.
• Sync with iCloud to use the same snippets on all your Macs - and even with iPhones or iPads running TypeIt4Me Touch.
• Get statistics that tell you roughly how much time you’ve saved
Fixed a minor bug that would cause the wrong pane to acquire focus after saving a snippet.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
got it working
This is a follow-up to my previous post where I complained that the app crashed. I got it working again simply by right-clicking on the icon. I did write to the support team and got two immediate responses. I am very happy with the app now and heartily recommend it.
I love it and use it everyday at my job.
It saves me tons of hours a year typing, especially the mundane repetitive stuff I type at work. I love how it time stamps or let's me type the date or time in my own format. It automates my actions too. LOVE IT and been using it for years. LOVE IT!
Developer Response ,
Hello PastorJohn, thanks very much for the kind words! If the macOS 10.15.5 system update has stopped your typed abbreviations expanding, remove TypeIt4Me from the list of apps that can control your computer then re-add it manually and restart your Mac. That ought to resolve the issue. Take a look at the FAQ section on our website for step-by-step instructions on how to get up and running again, or feel free to email us via our contact support form if you need further guidance.
Early Adopter, Long-Time Fan
I'm an old school user and have literally never had an issue with it. The one time I had to contact the dev, it was a one-day turn around. This is a mission-critcal utility...no other way to describe it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.