TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac. It can help you type more quickly and accurately, with fewer keystrokes. Create a library of custom shorthand abbreviations that when typed anywhere on your Mac will instantly expand to become longer ‘snippets’ of text or even pictures. Type frequently used words, names, addresses, phrases and boilerplate paragraphs with just a few taps.
Save time, effort and keystrokes. You need never type the same thing over and over again. Just let TypeIt4Me do the heavy lifting for you. It runs unobtrusively in the background and works systemwide, anywhere you can type on your Mac.
• Insert pictures and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Prevent double capitals.
• Automatically correct typos.
• Insert the current date and time dynamically, in any format.
• Insert a past or future date or time, with TypeIt4Me calculating it automatically in relation to the present, so you don’t need to work out in your head what day it was or will be.
• Insert Autocue placeholder “prompts”
• Invoke Applescripts. For example, typing om could trigger a script that opens Mail and says “Opening Mail” using one of the built-in voices in OS X.
• Sync with iCloud to use the same snippets on all your Macs - and even with iPhones or iPads running TypeIt4Me Touch.
• Get statistics that tell you roughly how much time you’ve saved
Fixed a minor bug that would cause the wrong pane to acquire focus after saving a snippet.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
got it working
This is a follow-up to my previous post where I complained that the app crashed. I got it working again simply by right-clicking on the icon. I did write to the support team and got two immediate responses. I am very happy with the app now and heartily recommend it.
Early Adopter, Long-Time Fan
I'm an old school user and have literally never had an issue with it. The one time I had to contact the dev, it was a one-day turn around. This is a mission-critcal utility...no other way to describe it.
App Store Shows Featured App
Why does Apple feature an app that has numerous bugs and an unresponsive developer? This product could be so very effective with just a few enhancements.
Developer Response ,
Hello Jacabuva, if you are still having problems we'd like to help you but we can only do that if you get in touch with us directly so we can follow up in detail. Have you tried contacting us at our support address? We typically respond within a day and will always do our best to resolve any issues you're experiencing. We are no longer able to add new features or enhancements to this particular version of TypeIt4Me, but a newer version exists and is still under active development. We're happy to offer all Mac App Store customers a free upgrade to version 6 - please do let us know if you would like one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.