80% less typos with the first keyboard made for your iPhone.
Featured on: Houston Chronicle, Esquire, Evening Standard, Tech Radar, Mac Observer, App Advice
DID YOU KNOW?
Current keyboards are based on the 140-year-old mechanical typewriter layout. Typewise is different. It’s the first keyboard that is specifically designed for smartphones. It’s revolutionary yet easy to use, and after a couple of messages you’ll love it.
80% LESS TYPOS
A recent study with 37,000 participants showed that on current keyboards 1 out of 5 words contains typos. With Typewise you finally get rid of these ARRGGHH-moments. Thanks to the hexagon layout, keys are 70% larger and much easier to hit. This reduces typos by 80%.
Swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe left to delete or swipe right to restore. It's as simple as that.
Stop getting annoyed by wrong autocorrections or senseless predictions. Typewise learns what you type and helps you write that perfect sentence.
What you write is personal. That's why Typewise runs locally on your device and none of your data is transmitted to the cloud.
Other keyboards require dozens of permissions to access your calendar, contacts, files, GPS location and much more. Typewise does NOT require “full access”.
SPEAKS YOUR LANGUAGES
Having to switch between different languages is cumbersome. With Typewise you can write in all your languages at once. Choose from 40+ languages and type in the accents you really need. Typewise supports:
- English (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada)
- Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands)
- French (France, Canada, Switzerland)
- German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil)
- Swiss German
GET MORE WITH TYPEWISE PRO
- Get personalized word predictions
- Additional 15 awesome themes
- Create your own text replacements
- Turn on vibration
- Turn on tablet mode
- Change font size
- Change swiping behavior
- Change space button sensitivity
- Automatically go back to letters after a space
- Flick down to undo auto corrections
Typewise is optimized for iPhones with iOS 12 or later.
New theme, new language and many improvements!
-New: Neon Rainbow theme (PRO only)
-New: language support for Hinglish
-Improved: autocorrection can correct missing or excess letters in certain cases
-Improved: faster automatic language detection
-Improved: backtick (`) added to special characters
-Improved: more custom accents (e.g. ŭ)
-Fixed: app rating link not working
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sweet keyboard!! But....
This keyboard is really awesome! It's different which makes it unique! Only thing that would make it even better is if there was a swipe action for texting.
Developer Response ,
Hi Heat, thanks for your feedback! We'll continuously improve the app and bring out updates :-) You can post your feature request here: https://suggestions.typewise.app/ - Cheers, your Typewise team
It has a lot of potential - but six things keep it from being my daily.
1) The autocorrect is fantastically bad and will change even common English words with no regard to the context of the word.
2) In English, the letter I is almost always capitalized in standalone usage. The keyboard will not autocorrect this and I cannot even set it as a custom replacement.
3) The keyboard refuses to auto-punctuate contractions and they, too, cannot even be customized as a text replacement.
5) No caps lock that I have found for when I need to write initializations and acronyms.
6) You cannot just backspace to the end of the previous word to restore it to your original if it gets autocorrected like you can on the iOS keyboard. That means you have to either reposition the cursor or retype the word. And, the keyboard shouldn’t keep autocorrecting once a word has been corrected manually. I tried five times to correct a word before I gave up because it wouldn’t hold my spelling.
I’m gonna keep my annual subscription because this does have great promise and you can’t fund improvements otherwise.
Developer Response ,
Hi McBacon, thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. Here some answers that may help :-)
1.) We are working on a major improvement. Do you have an example of what gets corrected wrongly?
2.) Agree, we're looking into that.
3.) Doesn't it correct "doesnt" to "doesn't" on your keyboard? What language have you selected in the app's settings?
5.) That has been requested and you can vote for it here: https://suggestions.typewise.app/suggestions/65495/caps-lock
6.) Simply tap on the grey button with the edit pencil that appears when an auto correction happens. This will undo it and will learn from that. When this happens the first time there was an info box explaining how it work.
Let us know how that works!
Thanks, your Typewise team
Great big keyboard for fat fingers.
Enjoying it so far, but I 100% agree with the other reviewer that there should at least be an option for a backspace key, even if it replaces of one of the space bars. Whether or not the swiping works (as opposed to just moving the text bar around,) seems totally random. Then, when it finally works it erases too much text. I know you're just going to blame me for not figuring it out or whatever, but you have two different functions controlled by swiping. Come on now.
Developer Response ,
Hi Feral, thanks for your feedback. Pressing long on the space key and then swiping moves the cursor. Otherwise it deletes/restores. We will add this info to the tutorial in an update very soon. Let us know if you still have issues! Best, your Typewise team
- icoaching GmbH
- 112 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Typewise AG
- In-App Purchases
- Typewise PRO (Annual) $9.49
- Typewise PRO (Monthly) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.