***Save 50% off Tyranny in celebration of the release of the Bastard's Wound expansion pack, now available as an in-app purchase***
From the makers of Pillars of Eternity, the 2015 Mac App Store Game of the Year, comes Tyranny!
In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil is over – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. The Overlord’s merciless armies dominate the face of the world, and its denizens must find their new roles within the war-torn realm. Players interact with the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.
• A branching narrative with a unique story in an original setting: The Battle between good and evil has already taken place, and evil stands victorious
• Choices matter – a different player experience every time you play it: As an Officer in the Overlord’s army you wield a vast amount of power in the occupied lands of the Tiers. Will you use that power to inspire stability and loyalty, or will you be a feared oppressor?
• Challenging, classic RPG combat: Characteristical RPG combat with modern mechanics and presentation
• A rich original setting: A completely new and original fantasy world with rich lore and many paths to follow
• OS: OSX 10.10 or later
• Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.9 GHz or better
• Memory: 6 GB RAM
• Graphics: 1GB VRAM or better
• Storage: 15 GB available space
• GDPR Compliance pop-up added when first starting the game.
• 1 new Weapon and 1 new Armor set have been added. These are granted when loading a save or starting a new game.
• 2 New portraits are now available. One male and one female portrait.
Ratings and Reviews
As good or better than Pillars
This game is basically Pillars of Eternity 1.5, but with some differences / upgrades in the combat engine. The lore is also a little less impenetrable right off the bat, so it may be easier to jump into.
I've never had so many problems with pathfinding in a game than this one. In addition, the characters lose the command you give them 90% of the time. I understand there are enemy spells which can cause them to be frightened or the like, but this isn't what's happening: the characters will sometimes disengage for no reason to go and attach an enemy AFTER i've clearly told them to attack a different specific enemy. Sometimes, I'll give the character an instruction to cast a spell in a specific direction(I AM VERY SPECIFIC EACH TIME), and i've seen once or twice, where they simply turn around to face the opposite direction casting the spell into absolutely nowhere. My guess is there's no AI whatsoever(how can this be 'intelligence'?). Graphics are cool, but that's about it. Never felt more frustration and angst playing a game in my life(and i used to be a quality assurance tester for 5 years at two separate gaming companies). Some of the challenges are just boring and unnecessary, if you play this game, do yourself a favor and learn cheat codes or follow playthrough vids, this game IS NOT WORTH IT, IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
Just couldn’t get into it.
Maybe it was the play evil slant. More likely it is the character design and game play. I just could not get into this game. The graphics and atmosphere are great, but I never felt like I understood combat, and that my decisions were impacting the outcome. The effect of what you chose was a little too opaque to really gauge if one tactic or another was making a difference. In the end, I played a maybe 10 hours into the first act… and just spent my time doing other things. When I tried picking the game up again, it felt like maybe I should start again from the beginning, but that just seemed like a slog. So I couldn’t rate this RPG too highly. It really comes down to a matter of taste I think. I loved many of the classic isometric RPGs: Balder’s Gate, NeverWinter Nights, DragonAge , and Icewind Dale all hold good memories. I enjoyed the Pillars of Eternity game. This just did not grab me.
- MP Digital, LLC
- 8.4 GB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Obsidian. Published by Paradox Interactive. Published on the Mac App Store by MacPlay.
- In-App Purchases
- Tales From The Tiers $6.99
- Bastard's Wound $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.